infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti News and General Discussion > The Infiniti Forum Lounge

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Infiniti Forum: New-bee

Old 11-09-2018, 12:38 AM

Default New-bee

I bought a 2012 M37 in July to replace my 2009 Tacoma Dual-Cab 4X4 (I had a stroke in February and could no longer enter an exit the Tacoma gracefully). The M37 is the best car I have ever owned--including the following:
  • 1963 Triumph Spitfire (not fast. not reliable, not safe, fun to drive)
  • 1965 Sting-Ray 327/375 HP Coupe (fast, not-all-that-reliable, and not at all safe, fun to drive);
  • 1969 440/"6-pack" Charger Daytona (FAST, sort-of reliable, not safe, FUN to drive);
  • 1978 Fiat 124 Spyder (fast, unreliable, kinda' safe, fun to drive);
  • 1989 300E Mercedes (reasonably fast, sort-of-reliable, safe, boring to drive);
  • 1991 Toyota Cressida (FAST, reliable and safe, fun to drive);
  • 2003 Mustang Cobra (F'ing FAST, reliable, and sort-of-safe [more power than the chassis could handle], could be scary to drive);
  • 1998 SL500 Mercedes (FAST, not-at-all-reliable, reasonably safe, fun to drive);

I left out numerous things I had to drive due to family obligations (income, kids in school, long commutes, etc.)

THe Cressida had the same engine (3.0L I-6) and tranny as the 1991 Supra non-turbo, which is a sort of semblance with the 37/370Z "kinship" and so far the M37 seems fAST, reliable, and safe like the Cressida!

I need to explain, many, MANY years back I did roadracing "team racing" where the cars were identical, we had different color chevrons on the cars so the pit crew could tell than apart--it's a "thing I have continued through my 70+ years..

I like it; it is better than Cats!
Old 12-05-2018, 05:36 PM
Administrator

Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffyk View Post
I bought a 2012 M37 in July to replace my 2009 Tacoma Dual-Cab 4X4 (I had a stroke in February and could no longer enter an exit the Tacoma gracefully). The M37 is the best car I have ever owned--including the following:
  • 1963 Triumph Spitfire (not fast. not reliable, not safe, fun to drive)
  • 1965 Sting-Ray 327/375 HP Coupe (fast, not-all-that-reliable, and not at all safe, fun to drive);
  • 1969 440/"6-pack" Charger Daytona (FAST, sort-of reliable, not safe, FUN to drive);
  • 1978 Fiat 124 Spyder (fast, unreliable, kinda' safe, fun to drive);
  • 1989 300E Mercedes (reasonably fast, sort-of-reliable, safe, boring to drive);
  • 1991 Toyota Cressida (FAST, reliable and safe, fun to drive);
  • 2003 Mustang Cobra (F'ing FAST, reliable, and sort-of-safe [more power than the chassis could handle], could be scary to drive);
  • 1998 SL500 Mercedes (FAST, not-at-all-reliable, reasonably safe, fun to drive);

I left out numerous things I had to drive due to family obligations (income, kids in school, long commutes, etc.)

THe Cressida had the same engine (3.0L I-6) and tranny as the 1991 Supra non-turbo, which is a sort of semblance with the 37/370Z "kinship" and so far the M37 seems fAST, reliable, and safe like the Cressida!

I need to explain, many, MANY years back I did roadracing "team racing" where the cars were identical, we had different color chevrons on the cars so the pit crew could tell than apart--it's a "thing I have continued through my 70+ years..

I like it; it is better than Cats!

Get your next Infiniti for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!