infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX80 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Notices

Infiniti Forum: The new 2018 QX80, well at least a sneak peak.

Old 11-25-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti Forum View Post
This is more of a midcycle refresh than a full redesign. Changes are typically minor until a full redesign is done...
Mid-cycle refresh was done in '15. So this a second mid-cycle refresh on a model introduced in '11.

Infiniti is missing an opportunity to capitalize on a full size SUV market that is quickly expanding. Lincoln's new Navigator is getting fantastic reviews. The Escalade is...the Escalade and always does well.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg97 View Post
Mid-cycle refresh was done in '15. So this a second mid-cycle refresh on a model introduced in '11.

Infiniti is missing an opportunity to capitalize on a full size SUV market that is quickly expanding. Lincoln's new Navigator is getting fantastic reviews. The Escalade is...the Escalade and always does well.
Interesting. I didn't realize that. Lexus did it with their LS as well. I don't get why... I guess to save money. What do you think Infiniti is missing out on? Introduction of a new generation? I think the current QX80 stands up pretty nicely against the new Escalade and Navigator. What would you like to see in the next generation QX80?

Get your next Infiniti for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Old 11-25-2017, 11:21 PM

I'm sure it's to save $$$. Therein lies my biggest concern- the QX80 is way too similar to the Armada now. The profile is the same. The interior is the same. That's not a good thing. If you were brand blind, the Armada is the much better buy right now. The QX80 does compare fairly well to the competition (especially with the new front end) but could have made a huge jump like the Navigator.

What would I like to see?
- an updated powertrain with more power and better efficiency
- Apple Car Play/Android Auto
- more room for the 3rd row passengers and more room behind the 3rd row for cargo

Check out the reviews for the Navigator- it appears as if Lincoln hit a home run with- 450 HP and 520 lb ft of torque. A spacious 3rd row. Elegant materials

Not likely but I would LOVE to see an extended length QX like the Escalade ESV and Navigator L. I'm a currently QX56 owner but need a functional 3rd row. I was hoping Infiniti would take the current market dynamics and extend it out, much like they did for the Q70L
Old 01-23-2018, 11:43 PM

Default 2018 qx80?

Thoughts on the 2018 redesign?
Looked at several today in Memphis while having our 15 serviced.
May consider trading up later this year with 63k on our 15 now. Thankfully we haven't had any issues to date.
What else on the market compares to this beast? I keep coming back but like I told the sales guy today it isn't loyalty for us it's the best bang for our buck and that is subject to change at any time...
Old 01-26-2018, 07:26 AM

Haven't had a chance to run over to dealer to check it out yet. But the exterior changes are a nice refresh and appear well done. It doesn't seem like they did much to the interior or technology at all.