infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX80 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Notices

Infiniti Forum: Any mods I can do to this new QX?

Old 11-30-2015, 09:22 PM

Default Any mods I can do to this new QX?

Anyone have any mods that can be done later on in the life of my QX that will help with additional HP?
Old 06-14-2016, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspenedelen View Post
Anyone have any mods that can be done later on in the life of my QX that will help with additional HP?
I just put some 24" dubs on mine. Have some lowering springs on the way. Excited and skeptical at the same time. I've lowered and modified suspension on most if not all of my rides. This one is just a bit more expensive.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:23 AM

Default 2011 qx86

Mine is lowered 2" all the way around and have about 30k miles on the wheels and the drop. love it! the service guys were commenting how mine has virtually no body roll with stiffer ride... which is why i did this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Qx80ish.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	613  
Old 05-07-2017, 03:40 PM

Looks great, you must have nice roads where you live because all stock with 22s mine rides awful!
Old 05-07-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0macman0 View Post
Looks great, you must have nice roads where you live because all stock with 22s mine rides awful!
Not at all my friend. I think the ride height adjustment took care of the awful ride.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:23 PM

Default DVD/ USB front video in motion

Hello All, here are some of the mods I did. Not much, but proud of it. I added a Roku 4 system to the truck along with a usb that tells me the battery level. I use T-Mobile sync for the wifi hotspot. The sync connects to my obd II port. It also gives me system data like how many gallons of fuel I have left in my tank and if someone is trying to get in my car. The best feature is the GPS. Here are some pictures of the Roku system.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0018[1].jpg
Views:	169
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	619   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0020[1].jpg
Views:	167
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	620   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0017[1].jpg
Views:	168
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	621  
Old 05-31-2017, 08:36 PM

Default DVD/ USB front video in motion

Here are some more pictures of my setup. Note that I had to replace the cheap HDMI to AV for a better one that actually was made here in the USA....lol. enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0006.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	622   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0008.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	623   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0010.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	624   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0012.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	625  
Old 06-01-2017, 03:13 PM

Please share with me the parts list and where vendor you purchased it. I need to do this same upgrade.
Old 06-07-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by czapata300 View Post
Please share with me the parts list and where vendor you purchased it. I need to do this same upgrade.
First off, Man nice looking truck!!!! Plan to do something similar to mine.
Sorry for the late response, my truck got hit in the back, so I been a little pre-occupied with that. Any way here is the parts list, nothing to fancy.

Note: Your truck does not need to come with the Theater package in order to this (but it makes this better if it does). Also this is only for year model 2011 -2018 QX56 -QX80. This write up will not include the video in motion setup, because it would slightly be out of scope for this purpose and also there is a good write up on this forum in the QX56 section (If you are wondering, yes I have already completed that mod with this and it is awesome). I also want to say that this set up can be permanent, removable or both. Depending on how you install yours it should not affect your WARRENTY. Yes! You new QX owners can get in on the fun as well without worry…lol.

I did this for two main reasons, because I didn’t want to keep dealing with converting videos and DVD’s.

1. Car Truck 12/24V Cigarette Lighter Dual USB Charger Digital LED Volt Meter (I don't know why they call it this). $12.37 on eBay
If you are still under Warranty, and don’t want to install this, you can simple use the built in USB that comes with truck, you will need a USB cable that reaches that far. I installed this because I want a more compact look and I think the Roku 3 only needs 5 volts to power on.
I used this to supply power to the HDMI to AV converter
To install this, I cut a hole into the center console by the power button and then used a small router to widen to the width and length of the USB Charger.
I then wired it to one of the 12v cigarette lighters in the back (You can see this in an earlier picture I posted).
2. HDMI to AV converter (make sure you get the one that can work with Roku). The cheap ones do not. $20-30
This item will use the USB port you installed in the center console or to the wire you ran from factory USB port.
3. Roku 4 $50 -$74 or Roku 3
You need 12 volts, if you are still under warranty and do not want to splice into wires or anything like that. You can use the plug that came with the Roku and plug it into the back of the center console.
If you don’t care about the warranty and want to risk it, you can splice to a 12 volt source. Once you do that you can run the power wire to the Roku (This is what I did, I used the Roku power cable. I cut off the big power plug and put positive to positive and negative to negative)
If your Truck did not come with the theater package you will have to either use a 12v inverter or splice into a power source.
4. A set of A/V and 3ft HDMI cables $6-30.00
One end of the A/V cables will go to the truck A/V ports located in the center console and the other end will go to the HDMItoAV converter. The HDMI cable will connect to the Roku and the converter.
5. Wi-Fi (you can use your phone or get the T Mobile Wi-Fi that plugs into ODB2 plug) $ it depends on how you want to set this up
For a while I just used my phone’s WIFI hotspot, but since I switched to T-Mobile they offered me T-Mobile Sync-up. So every time the truck starts the WIFI will start automatically and the Roku will connect. I have up to 2GB of LTE and after that I believe it slows down (I have unlimited data plan). I have not gone over my 2GB yet and that’s me watching Netflix, Hulu, Pandora and VEVO.
6. Wires. $5 for a roll.Needed to install the USB port.

7. TAKE YOUR TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This prices are what I paid, but some of these will vary in price depending on if it is used or new.

Disclaimer: **As always you assume all the risk I am not responsible for any problems or improper installation.**