infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX56 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Notices

Infiniti Forum: Check out these dealership repair prices

Old 04-11-2018, 12:28 PM

Default Check out these dealership repair prices

My wife took our 2011 QX56 in for warranty work, and the dealership came back with these prices for other repairs they say the vehicle needs.

Thought you guys might want to check out the prices.

Diagnose Check Engine light: $136
Replace 1 outer front tie rod: $523
Drive belt replacement: $280
1 fog lamp replacement: $132
1 license plate bulb replacement: $83

The outer front tie rod is a $30 part and it's a 1 hour job or less to repair in my opinion. Quote does include an alignment afterwards, but still $523 seems exorbitant to me.

The real screwjob though is the $132 for 1 fog lamp replacement. The fog lamp costs almost nothing, and it took me 5 minutes to change it.

I'm no SJW by any stretch of the imagination, but I have to wonder if they would quote a man $132 to change a fog lamp. Am I being paranoid?
Old 04-11-2018, 02:55 PM

Unfortunately, there are some people who would actually pay for these services. Likely the reason why service centers/dealerships stay in business because of these exorbitant prices such as the ones you've posted.

Old 04-11-2018, 07:53 PM
SUPER MODERATOR

some people value time over DIY, so you pay for convenience.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:22 AM

Once and only once did I let the Infiniti dealer install the wipers on our old 56. It was really crappy weather, I was in for an oil service and needed wipers. Told the service guy I needed wipers and he casually asked if I wanted them to put them on. I said sure thinking there wouldn't be a charge to install the wipers I had already paid a premium for but I was wrong. The wipers were around $20 per and they charged me $25 per wiper labor. Labor!! Lol
I raised 10 kinds of hell with the General Manager who was a friend of mine. They removed the labor charges and they had to talk me out of replacing my wipers with my old ones.
Moral of the story. If you think its unfair address it with them. I learned that day that Infiniti charges for EVERYTHING that is done so if you want it done they will do it but there will be a fee.
Like Marc said above some value time over money, are of the mind that it's not worth dealing with at home or whatever.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:51 PM
SUPER MODERATOR

my post here is not directed to anyone! just my thoughts in general..

ALL dealers do this, not nissan/infiniti.

they aint called $tealers for nuthin'...

dealers make their money not on the sale of the car but on the service and parts. they have to pay a per hour charge to employ people. cars are getting harder/more difficult to work on for the average DIY'er and that's to the benefit of the dealer.

i have been getting the oil changed and tires rotated on my car AT INFINITI since its birth. I could crawl under the car to do it, but i dont want to. some people will balk at this and say im getting fleeced.

these cars are expensive. you gotta pay to play! if you want cheap, get a car thats not a luxury car.