infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX80 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network cars connected social networking app for ios cars connected social networking app for android

Notices

Infiniti Forum: how to justify QX80 over new Armada?

Old 03-27-2017, 11:27 AM

Default how to justify QX80 over new Armada?

We've been doing our homework. The only reasons I can see to pay $12-30K more for basically the same car are:

1.) Color choices (we like the smoky quartz...can't get on Armada...can live with gun metal)
2.) Status symbol (we don't care)
3.) pampering /support level by dealer....we live an hour a way...don't care
4.) If you're in love with the funky front-end and exterior lights (we aren't)

So for us it appears a no-brainer to go with our second choice color, go Armada, and pocket about $12K. I also have to believe Inf is going to change the QX80 styling soon as it's "due" and it's too close to Armada, so I never like to buy the last 1-2 years of a body style as it soon looks "old". Are we missing anything here?
Old 03-27-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blancotx View Post
We've been doing our homework. The only reasons I can see to pay $12-30K more for basically the same car are:

1.) Color choices (we like the smoky quartz...can't get on Armada...can live with gun metal)
2.) Status symbol (we don't care)
3.) pampering /support level by dealer....we live an hour a way...don't care
4.) If you're in love with the funky front-end and exterior lights (we aren't)

So for us it appears a no-brainer to go with our second choice color, go Armada, and pocket about $12K. I also have to believe Inf is going to change the QX80 styling soon as it's "due" and it's too close to Armada, so I never like to buy the last 1-2 years of a body style as it soon looks "old". Are we missing anything here?
I don't think the dealer thing should be factored in, because I don't feel any additional pampering from the Infiniti dealer, just higher prices and an unwillingness to deal because this vehicle means I have an endless cash flow... not! Nissan parts and labor rates will undoubtably be cheaper.

That being said, and I haven't researched this, but are all the tech and mechanical features available on the armada like the hydraulic body control or the driving aids / rear entertainment?

Also, I think the QX is a better looking vehicle, especially the refresh grille. The back of the armada is not good looking, the QX looks better all around IMO.

Old 03-29-2017, 02:23 PM

HBMC is not available on Armada. The engine is also tuned to max out at about 10 hp less which is retarded but it is what it is.
Many of the tech package features not available on the Armada.
My experience has been polar opposite at Infiniti vs Nissan, GM, Ford, etc. Infiniti has always been top notch in customer service. They strive to make it feel luxurious. Nissan couldn't give a shit less. I have had no issues negotiating with Infiniti. As a matter of fact after having purchased two Infiniti's the process is painless and I got a better deal than having to fight a GM or Nissan dealer for example. With those guys I have always felt like I had to literally check every single line item for something they snuck into the final price vs Infiniti who has come to me with a final price with no surprises/upcharges, etc.
I like the looks of the Armada but I'm betting an average of 15k saved upfront will cost that much or more on the backend in what the Armada is worth vs the Infiniti. Now if you drive one to death then sell it privately maybe resale isn't important to you. It has always been important to me.
Rear entertainment is an up charge if I recall for Armada and is standard on the Infiniti. Just one of the many standard features. One thing that took some getting used to with Infiniti was the lack of options after coming over from GM where no two vehicles are ever the exact same. Now that I have adjusted it makes the negotiating easier for us since I know what I'm getting vs having to see it then reassess if that makes sense.