infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX56 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Notices

Infiniti Forum: 2012 QX56 Rear Suspension

Old 08-05-2016, 08:56 AM

The rear suspension is the reason I sold my 2011...
Old 05-01-2017, 07:12 PM

Hi with Dudley, I have a 2014 qx80 I have a problem with my automatic rear suspension is not activating and bring the ride back up to high. I've checked the fusible link and relay and those checked fine. Has anyone else experienced this?
Where can I adjust this

Thanks

Old 05-02-2017, 12:30 PM

as in you turn it on, let it sit for 30sec or a minute, and the pump never turns on?

or is it just that the system leaks air and sags? (mine does this. i've tried to put some TFE paste on the hose ends...helped a little. next up is to replace the o-rings and use some flexible marine sealant)
Old 05-23-2017, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley Every View Post
Hi with Dudley, I have a 2014 qx80 I have a problem with my automatic rear suspension is not activating and bring the ride back up to high. I've checked the fusible link and relay and those checked fine. Has anyone else experienced this?
Where can I adjust this

Thanks
Not that I am an expert or anything, but I can tell you what to check. I had this happen to me when I first bought my truck. Things to check, first turn on the truck and wait for about 30 seconds to see if the pump comes. You will be able to hear it from the rear of the driver side of the vehicle. If you don’t, this could be an indication of a bad pump. The only way to know for certain is to apply 12v to the pump to see if it activates. Second check the sensor that is located near the pump to see if the arm is out of adjustment. If everything looks good most likely it is not your sensor. If the pump operates when you apply 12v to it, it maybe the sensor. Third you can probably rule out the air bags, they probably won’t be your problem. Another item to check is the actual "control module" in the engine bay, if all of the other things I listed failed to produce a resolution. I don’t know exactly where it is, but if you have the service manual you can locate it. Worst case scenario you can let the dealer diagnose it for about 100.00 and just buy what every parts they tell you is bad off of Ebay.  I think if the dealer had to repair it, it shouldn’t be no more than 850.00 to 1000.00. The issue for me was the pump, and with diagnosis, parts and repair it came just shy of 850.00. The only reason why I elected the shop to do it was because I just didn’t have the time and I have a pretty decent Infiniti shop here. Go luck hope this helps

Last edited by jrm5f2; 05-23-2017 at 07:12 AM.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:26 PM

Having owned 2 Audi allroads, which are infamous for air suspension failures, I've been dreading the day when I have to deal with that on the QX. On a vehicle approaching 7 years old (11s), I'd say the bags themselves, the air lines, and the compressor are the most likely candidates. At least in the Audi, the compressor failure was usually a symptom of a leak somewhere causing the compressor to run more than usual and overheating. It can take the smallest pinhole leak in the rubber bag to cause system problems. The only saving grace on the allroad was that the components were fairly easy to access and DIY.

Please let us know how it turns out.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:07 AM

anyone ever have dealer or mechanic replace the pump+lines+o rings? if so how much?

my pump is dying/dead (runs, sounds funny, doesn't inflate shocks). i've had sag issues especially on left side for years. i could fix it a little bit with some application of sealant to line connections (fixed right side) but never completely. i think my leak was from the body of the pump itself.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenelsons View Post
I am having trouble with the rear of my 2012 QX56 sagging horribly immediately after getting it back from the dealer performing the timing belt recall. I'm being told that being on the lift with the engine turned on (when the recall was done) could have caused some malfunction/damage. I'm not a car expert so can anyone more versed in these things help me out here??
Hi did u ever find the fix I have the same problem after same recall