infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX56 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network cars connected social networking app for ios cars connected social networking app for android

Notices

Infiniti Forum: FOG light replacement

Old 08-08-2017, 10:52 PM

Default How to replace fog light bulbs in qx56 2011

I tried to replace the fog light bulbs but I can get an easy access...does anybody know how to reach them???
Old 08-11-2017, 09:54 PM

I replaced the ones on our 12. It was as simple as reaching up behind the lower valance and 1/4 turn removal. The lower valance creates almost a shelf so you will have to get behind it (towards rear of vehicle) and then reach up above it. Super easy and the wiring is long enough that the bulb housing will drop down where you can easily see it, swap it out, etc.
I upgraded our 12 filament bulbs to HID's that matched the headlights.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:00 PM

Just drop the inner fenders and the lower corner plastic valance. It is an easy process just use a 10mm socket and pop out the plastic push pins 4 star screws and you are golden.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltwin52s View Post
Just drop the inner fenders and the lower corner plastic valance. It is an easy process just use a 10mm socket and pop out the plastic push pins 4 star screws and you are golden.
Why would anyone need to do any of that? The foglight housings are sitting there exposed behind the bumper. The lower valance does extend back toward the tires a few inches but is easy to reach over and around to remove the bulb from the housing. If you can't see the housing just grab the wire going to it and follow it. Simple 1/4 turn.
Absolutely zero need to remove anything whatsoever.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:42 AM

Default FOG light replacement

Have cracks in BOTH fog lights, ANYONE have a DIY for how to remove and replace? Or does anyone know about how much to get fixed from dealership?
Old 12-04-2017, 04:25 PM

I had same problem after my long road trip where I broke one of my fog lamps. I also did not know how to do it. But I looked for the manual from the other forum and used it. The process for me to change them was not easy. My first try was really hard and frustrating, but I have had to do it twice already and it was easy the second time.

Find the manual and the chapter that refers to changing the fog. It was not easy for me to easily locate that chapter. If you find it, it will be easier. Let me try to explain to you how to do it, based on how well I remember doing it myself. I just hope it will make sense to you. If it doesn't, please, just find the manual and it will help you. That is what helped me.

What I remember doing is you have to pry off those 2 chrome things in front of the fog. It has 4 hooks. You have to pry it out from the hooks. I think they are in the position of 12, 3, 6, 9 and 12 on the clock. So, pry them from those points. Be careful. You could break something. Try prying 2 sides (say the 9 position and 6 position) close to each other slowly. (I think it was easier starting from the area where the piece is largest on the side, which is on the outer sides, moving towards the inside). You cannot get one off completely without the next close one following at same pace. Then when you get it out, set it aside. Go under the truck now and feel behind the fog and find the one and only screw you have to take out. One of mine was rusted. I could not find any store that could have it except the dealership. I went and ordered 4. I needed only 2, but I bought 4. I think all 4 cost about $10 out the door. I got the screw off each fog and when I replaced it, I replaced with oem new screw. It made the job easier when re-installing it. So, I recommend you buy the screws before you start. You need only 2. I bought 4. And I just have the other 2 sitting somewhere as spare. When you take that screw off, feel exactly under the bulb itself in the middle, there is a plastic piece still holding it in place. This is hard to do. Pry it, while pushing the bulb out. Be careful or it will fall off and shatter. If you get that, the fog bulb would come off.

It is easy now to do it in reverse to install your new fogs. My picture below gives you an idea. I took many pictures while doing this process as I love to document things for my personal use. But I decided not to post the pictures of the steps when I was doing this. They are still on one of my other memory cards.

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/18-...ti-qx56-9.html

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 12-04-2017 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:40 AM

Thank you so much! Were you able to unscrew it from the back with just your fingers? also did you mean to google the maintenance manual?
Old 12-05-2017, 05:22 PM

You’ll need either a 8mm socket or wrench to remove the OE bolt that fastens the OE fog lights in place.

If you’re looking to upgrade the actual light output, I installed a set of Morimoto Type I XB LED fog lights. Plug and play and the output exceeds OE without the annoying glare and scattered light when installing aftermarket HIDs or LED kits inside the OE fog housing.

https://infinitiforum.net/infiniti-forum/showthread.php?p=38278#post38278