infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti Cars) > Infiniti Q70 and M Forums > Infiniti Q70 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Infiniti Forum: New 2015 Q70 Sport owner

Old 11-05-2014, 09:26 AM

Default New 2015 Q70 Sport owner

The wife and I picked this up Monday night and is our first Infiniti. It is obsidian black and the front end and rear end changes made to the 2015 model are just strikingly sharp! We considered many brands but just kept coming back to this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0910.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	471  
Old 11-11-2014, 01:15 PM

Congrats!!! What other cars did you look at?? Once my 3 year lease is up, I would like to switch into a Q70 5.6 (or whatever version is available in 2017)..

So far still loving my Q50, although sometimes I am tempted to go over to the dark side (BMW).

Old 11-11-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
Congrats!!! What other cars did you look at?? Once my 3 year lease is up, I would like to switch into a Q70 5.6 (or whatever version is available in 2017)..

So far still loving my Q50, although sometimes I am tempted to go over to the dark side (BMW).
Thanks! We initially figured we'd be back in a Lexus GS again after the 2000 we bought new had served us well for 15 years. We weren't impressed after looking at and test driving the 2015 GS 350 F Sport 15 years later. Other cars we looked at were the Lexus ES 350, Acura RLX, Audi A6, Mercedes E, Cadillac CTS, Hyundai Equus and Genesis, and the Infiniti Q50 Sport. I'm sorry but we've never been tempted by the dark side (BMW).
Old 11-11-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMarth View Post
Thanks! We initially figured we'd be back in a Lexus GS again after the 2000 we bought new had served us well for 15 years. We weren't impressed after looking at and test driving the 2015 GS 350 F Sport 15 years later. Other cars we looked at were the Lexus ES 350, Acura RLX, Audi A6, Mercedes E, Cadillac CTS, Hyundai Equus and Genesis, and the Infiniti Q50 Sport. I'm sorry but we've never been tempted by the dark side (BMW).
If you don't mind, can you give me your impressions of the RLX, A6, and GS 350 F sport? I do like the styling of the GS350, but Lexus severely handicapped it by not giving it a higher HP V6 or V8! It's too heavy for the current engine performance.

Also ,more pics please!! That Obsidian Black really looks good on that model!
Old 11-11-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
If you don't mind, can you give me your impressions of the RLX, A6, and GS 350 F sport? I do like the styling of the GS350, but Lexus severely handicapped it by not giving it a higher HP V6 or V8! It's too heavy for the current engine performance.

Also ,more pics please!! That Obsidian Black really looks good on that model!
Since the Q70 was a replacement car for my wife, her impressions had more impact on the decision.

Her impression of the Acura was that the styling just didn't compare to the Q70. We both didn't care for its headlights or the front grill. Her opinion of the A6 was that it was "too boxy" and didn't care for the retractable navigation screen. I agreed on the "boxy" look, next.... The GS 350 Sport rode rough on the interstate. We weren't impressed with the styling of the interior. The GS in 2000 wowed us in comparison to its competitors, not so much this time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0916.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	474   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0925.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	475   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0924.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	476  

Last edited by RichMarth; 11-11-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:

Funny you should mention this. I just traded in my 2012 BMW 535i for a 2015 70QL. IMHO the BMW is not the car that it used to be. Furthermore it is very complex and expensive to upkeep. The 70Q is by far a better car
Old 06-20-2015, 08:01 PM

Default Not a whole lot of action/talk on this board

I'm thinking of trading-in my QX56 for the Q70...

What's the good and bad experience so far with the Q70?

What are you averaging MPG??

Any maintenance headaches yet??
Old 08-12-2015, 11:00 PM

Has anybody heard of an application for lowering springs for 2015 Q70 S? Really want to lower it to get rid of the gap....car sits a little too high for my taste.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMarth View Post
The wife and I picked this up Monday night and is our first Infiniti. It is obsidian black and the front end and rear end changes made to the 2015 model are just strikingly sharp! We considered many brands but just kept coming back to this one.
I picked up a Q70S AWD in Obsidian Black (3.7) end July 2015. I really like it. It came with the sport touring package plus the rear deck spoiler. I compared it to an Audi A6, Jaguar XF and Lexus GS 350. I test drove cars for almost 6 weeks before getting the Q70. I feel many reviewers unfairly underestimate this car. The fit and finish is superior to the GS, besides looking nicer in my opinion and the interior is nicer than the A6 or XF. The technology is certainly pretty advanced on the Q70.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:06 AM

I know this thread is months old with no activity...any updates on your overall thoughts, RichMarth & mcleanq70 after months of ownership?

One thing I really would like to see in the q70 is a HUD, FWIW, but it wouldn't be a dealbreaker...