infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti Cars) > Infiniti Q40, Q50, Q60 and G Forums > Infiniti G25 / G35 / G37 Coupe and Sedan Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Notices

Infiniti Forum: 2012 G37X Brake Issue

Old 07-19-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedlyj View Post
Nothing like replying to my own post in record time...

I just got a call from my Infiniti dealer who said that they were surprised that within an hour of entering the data in the service system, Infiniti called them and instructed them to immediately order a new power steering resevior, and that they were sending an engineer to come out next week once the part comes in to participate in the repair and eval. As my service manager said: it obviously seems to be something they are aware of and were waiting to see one pop up in the system.

So, we'll see how it goes next week. I'm happy to be the guinea pig if it all works out (I can hope, right?). Also, have to say I'm impressed with the quick and positive response - I was gearing up for the "we can't find anything" call.
I had the same problem at 200 miles, but decided to leave it alone until I saw your resolution.

I printed this solution out and took my 2012 G37xS to my dealer and they test drove it and fixed it on the spot. Took about 30 minutes and I had no appointment. I gotta say I am impressed. For the first time ever, a dealer fixed a problem the first time, no argument and fixed it quickly with no appointment.

I believe coming prepared helped and so thanks again for the information.

There is a TSB on this issue, which I asked them to check. The TSB is ITB12-035

They replaced the power steering fluid reservoir with a new design one, part number: 49180-4M403 and filled it with new fluid, part number 999MP-AG000P.

The only issue now is that it did leave a drip of "oil" which I believe to ve spilled power steering fluid from the replacement job. So I washed it down with Simple Green and followed up with a hose. Then I dried it all off (what I could reach). If you do this, becareful not to soak the alternator that is in the same area.

Thanks.

Last edited by inf; 07-19-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:36 AM

I have 2012 G37 and also G25 with 2000,2500 miles on it respectively and i haven't any problems like this. May be any mechanical issue.