infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti Cars) > Infiniti Q40, Q50, Q60 and G Forums > Infiniti G25 / G35 / G37 Coupe and Sedan Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Infiniti Forum: 2012 G37X Brake Issue

Old 02-02-2012, 10:14 PM

Question 2012 G37X Brake Issue

Just leased a 2012 G37X. Having a couple issues. Only 500 miles on it. One is a short groan/vibration in the steering wheel when make a rolling left hand turn. Dealer has had the car for 3 days now, but can't identify the source. Sounds like a rack n pinion issue to me. Only happens turning left under certain conditions and is intermittent. Second issue id road/tire noise resonating through the brake pedal when braking, but only on course to rough pavement. Have 17" Goodyear RSA tires. Anyone else have this issue? Any solution? Dealer started saying shouldn't feel anything thru the pedal, I agree on a high end car like this. Now he is changing his tune and saying it maybe characteristic of the car!
I don't think a $40K car should have these issues.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:31 PM

I have the 2012 G37XS (with 2700 miles on it) and have not experienced the problems you are describing.. so it's not endemic to the car..

hope they fix it for you

sharkman

Old 02-29-2012, 09:33 PM

Unhappy Update

Well dealer had the car for 5 days put 80 miles on it and could only get the steering issue to happen 3 times. Claim it happened so quick that they could tell exactly where it was coming from. Told us nothing they could do at this point. Asked us to drive it and if it started happening again to bring it back. Ha, happened 3 times on the way home. Two days later brought it back and had the mechanic go with us for a road test. Was able to reproduce it multiple times. Mechanic then drove it and could make it happen...finally!
They had to consult with Infiniti and they want the dealer to start with replacing the Pwr Steering pump. Took 2 weeks to get a new pump in. Infiniti engineer came to dealer to test drive before changing anything. They also witnessed it. Replace the pump today....problem still there. Now they want to order a new rack & pinion unit. Lets see what that does. Getting tired of dealing with this issue and waiting for parts to come in. Still only 900 miles on the car. Getting ready to look into Lemon Law.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:49 PM

Angry

Update: Power sterering pump didn't solve the issue! Next engineering told dealer to replace the rack & pinion assembly. Well that failed to solve it too. Now they want to replace the power steering pump reservoir. This is becoming a science project for the Infiniti Engineers. Can't blame the dealer here as Infiniti took over! Getting close to filing a Lemon Law case if the dealer doesn't say enough is enough and offer me a new car.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:12 PM

I am noticing a similar feeling and sound in the brakes of my '12 G37x sedan. I've only had it for a week and wasn't sure if it was normal or not.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:51 PM

Yes this brake pedal vibration seems to be normal for this car. We have had 3 different G37x loaner cars and they all do it to some degree. My 10 yr old Chevy doesn't do this nor any other car I have owned. Infiniti engineers need to find away to isolated this vibration from the brake pedal.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:57 PM

cjh58, My week old G25x (300 miles) seems to be having the same left turn groan you are describing. Happens a few times a day, not at every left turn, but when it happens it is always when turning left. I can make another immediate left turn after it happens and it does not happen again. Not a load groan, very subtle and just feels in the steering wheel like there's just a little more resistance when it happens.

I'll be very interested to hear if you get this diagnosed and corrected.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:49 AM

Just an update on my case with the left turn groan. Took my 2012 G25x to the dealer today for them to look at. Rode with the service manager and was finally able to get it to happen twice, so he at least confirmed he heard it and understood - although he couldn't get it to happen when he drove it. So, they are keeping the car for a day or two. Meanwhile the loaner I have, which is a 2011 G25x with 6K miles on it, does NOT have the issue - the place I can reproduce it 100% of the time in mine does not do it in the loaner.

The other thing I noticed, unrelated, is that checking the MPG guage in the loaner, ir shows significantly higher MPG over the same route than mine is (I reset to zero, so it's an accurate comparison). About 21.5 vs 18.5. And the shifting is much better in the loaner - mine wants to upshift too soon at times, for example on a slight incline, and then loses power because of it and jumps back into a harder downshift than the loaner. Both of these issues I chalk up to 300 miles vs 6000 miles on the car, and the "learning" transmission supposedly takes about 2K miles to learn its patterns. That, plus generally breaking in the engine should buy a few more MPGs, although 3 seems like a lot.

I'll report back if I have any luck on the steering issue. But the last thing I want is to start replacing major steering components like cjh58 - which doesn't seem to have fixed the problem anyway.

Last edited by nedlyj; 03-15-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:57 PM

Nothing like replying to my own post in record time...

I just got a call from my Infiniti dealer who said that they were surprised that within an hour of entering the data in the service system, Infiniti called them and instructed them to immediately order a new power steering resevior, and that they were sending an engineer to come out next week once the part comes in to participate in the repair and eval. As my service manager said: it obviously seems to be something they are aware of and were waiting to see one pop up in the system.

So, we'll see how it goes next week. I'm happy to be the guinea pig if it all works out (I can hope, right?). Also, have to say I'm impressed with the quick and positive response - I was gearing up for the "we can't find anything" call.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:24 PM

Smile Steering problem fixed

Nedlyj,
Well, not to burst your bubble....but I think I was the guinea pig on this one. Sorry for the late post have been traveling for work. Your right, the reservoir fixed mine. They told me the pressurizing valve in the reservior was causing the noise/vibration. They have a new design reservoir they are using to fix this issue. It's been a week an a half now and the problem has not come back. They told me they were posting this fix in there system as they had 5 other cars with the similar sympton. It took engineering 3 tries but they finally got it. So you should be all set.
Was still very frustrating for 2 mths of them playing with it. It was in the shop for 14 days and they put 140 miles on it. That was the frustrating part!
Happy now.
Also notice the same mileage thing with the loaners, they were all posting like 20-21 and mine is still in the 16s! Hopefully it get better than that with time. Just over 1000 miles on mine right now.

Last edited by cjh58; 03-16-2012 at 08:02 PM.