infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti Cars) > Infiniti Q40, Q50, Q60 and G Forums > Infiniti G25 / G35 / G37 Coupe and Sedan Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Infiniti Forum: Reason Not to Buy Infiniti

Old 08-22-2011, 08:21 AM

Seeing as how i work for a Nissan Dealer,Service Manager...and have owned 5 Nissans and currently drive an 06 G-35 sedan i bought for 10k with 80,000 miles on it...I don't have any complaints,Maintenance is key and as far as the compressor issue,i can tell you i have replaced more compressors on NON- Nissan/Infiniti models than i have our "Brand"......

BTW new to the Forums ....good to find you guys
Old 08-23-2011, 09:06 AM

Welcome!

Always nice to have someone who has lots of experience servicing vehicles on this site. You get some good real life examples of what's coming into the shop for repair.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrievins View Post
Joeyg, what is the issue with the 7 speed automatic. I have it in my G25, and am just curious.

Thanks!
People have had many different issues with the 7AT but I beleive a lot of them are from people who just don't understand the auto tranny. It has taken me a bit to get used to but the longer I have it the more I love it.

Other are having real problems but they are making noises etc and it seems like they are older models. I guess time will tell with mine but like I say I am very happy with it.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:09 PM

Never driven a 7AT, but for the most part I am happy with my 5AT in my 08. About the only complaint I have is that it is lethargic shifting sometimes, and it seems to hold in the present gear when you let off the gas if you are getting on it. On a side note, the one thing that impresses me is how quiet these engines are. At idle, you can barely hear it.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:24 PM

Drove a 1st generation QX56 and LOVED it

Picking up a G37 soon, I'm not deterred
Old 08-26-2011, 01:49 PM

Default 7 speed tranny

Just research it. There are TONS of complaints about it, mostly driveability issues (gear hunting, delays in shifting, etc). But it does return 1-2mpg over 5 speed so it's a trade off. Many that have the 7 would go back to the 5 speed if given a choice.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg View Post
Just research it. There are TONS of complaints about it, mostly driveability issues (gear hunting, delays in shifting, etc). But it does return 1-2mpg over 5 speed so it's a trade off. Many that have the 7 would go back to the 5 speed if given a choice.

When you reasearch it you find that most complaints come early on in ownership. Although as with any tranny there can be true issues most just can't figure out how to drive a 7AT. My wife has some of the same complaints (gear hunting, delay in shifting, jerks at slower speeds etc etc) and then asks me why it doesn't act up when I drive it................

There is a ton of info on MYG37 as well. Some people with older trannies 7ATs found that "flashing" it helps. There is info on doing that yourself or taking it to a dealership to get it done. With my 2011 I have never felt the need to do so.

Last edited by Tazicon; 08-26-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban1jr View Post
Dear Readers

Please don't buy an infiniti. They are misleading with their quality and their slogan 'It goes beyond expectations' is an overstatement. I am from Tallahassee. I purchased a brand new 2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan from Prestige Infiniti. Within a month after purchasing off the lot I had to have my whole car repainted due to black spots showing up everywhere underneath the clear coat. Now a month out of warranty, my compressor is broken (Has a hole in it) and my dealership refuses to help me out with the costs so I called up consumer affairs and they reviewed my file and refuse to help out with costs also. Nothing but problems with this car. I talked to all my friends and not one has had a compressor problem and they have cars that are 10-15 years old that include Ford, Kia, Honda...etc. Trust me, infiniti will do what it takes to screw you. Stay away. They are slick looking cars but your money will last a lot longer with a different brand car that actually cares about their customers.

Good luck!

-Jeff
The car is 4+ years old ! How many miles is it supposed to last without problems? Infiniti isn't the only place you can get the ac fixed at. Better yet why don't you just trade it in and let someone else deal with it
Is this your first car? Get real,cars wear out
Old 10-01-2011, 09:34 AM

I have now put about 7k miles on my G and I still love every minute of driving it. No complaints yet and still love the 7at.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:18 PM

I agree with the comments about doing your research before you commit and I also think if your that unhappy just get rid of it. I just bought a 2011 G37x a few weeks back and love it. Coming from a BMW (and still own an x5) I can tell you I fully expect to have less problems then I am used to seeing. Even with those issues I still love BMW's and wouldn't hesitate to buy another when I want one. Chose this for it's looks (Coupe) and that it feels somewhat performance oriented while not as stark looking and feeling on the inside as my previous 335.