infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti Cars) > Infiniti Q40, Q50, Q60 and G Forums > Infiniti G25 / G35 / G37 Coupe and Sedan Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Infiniti Forum: What kind of forum is this anyway?

Old 01-05-2011, 02:37 PM

Default What kind of forum is this anyway?

I originally joined this forum to seek help in solving a problem with my 2003 G35. That was just a couple of weeks ago and although over 60 people have read the thread there has not been one reply. Hard to believe my problem was unique, but I suppose that could be the case. At any rate, the lack of response prompted me to do just a tiny bit of research and I found that out of the last 20 threads, most remained unanswered despite being read by a total of over 2,500 members. In fact there were a total of only 17 replies to these 20 threads and 9 of them were to one submission. It seems our membership is composed of readers only.
I have been on a couple of other forums, in fact I still am interested in one, and never have I seen such a hive of inactivity as this one. Forums of this sort are put together so that enthusiasts can communicate, share experiences and exchange various types of information and there doesn't seem to be much of that going on. Either the members of this forum are not enthusiasts or the G series is not the kind of car to generate enthusiasm and I don't for one moment believe that. In a forum with this many members there has to be some expertise and experience worth sharing, but where the blazes is it hiding? It is certainly not apparent in the threads I've read.
Before I am inundated with cries of "shame" just consider for a moment why you belong to this forum in the first place and what you have, or in most cases have not, done to support it. It is here to keep up your interest in the car you drive and to provide help when you run into a problem that another member may already have experienced and to which they may have found a solution. A forum of like minded enthusiasts can be fun, supportive, helpful and satisfying, but only if you participate fully, not just as a reader of new threads.
OK, the sermon is over. It would be nice to think this forum can become what it should have been in the first place.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:31 PM

I Highly Agree. I joined this forum to read about pros and cons of Gs. Im 17 and this is the car i plan to get so i figured i would subscribe and read more about them. Guess i was wrong, many problems but looks like no one likes to reply. If i knew about these cars i would gladly give my thoughts but sadly i dont. This isnt the first forum im on. Im also over in benzworld and mbworld for my dad S500. On that forum as soon as i post a problem within 24 hours i have at least one reply. Also they have alot of people with problems so you easily get familiar to the problems and can help others out too. But this forum is kinda dead. But i would still want a G35 hopefully before August this year i pray its a coupe.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:30 PM

Well MarkD I can't tell you much about a coupe specifically but it has a lot in common with the sedan and mine has been a good servant for 8 years now. Other than the brakes, which tend to wear a bit faster than average and are expensive to replace if you use an Infiniti dealer, but cheaper almost anywhere else, my car still drives almost like new. I test drove a G37 a while back and couldn't justify the dollars to move up to it. Despite their excellent performance, there are a lot of reasonably gently driven G35's around that will give years of good service and they can be had at pretty reasonable cost. In general, the coupes tend to be driven a bit harder than the sedans but the 3.5 engine is tough and can take a lot of punishment. Good luck with your quest to find a good one and hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as I still do.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:48 PM

I bought an 03 coupe in 07 I think.. I just rolled over 120k and the only issues I have had were caused by humans, and one unfortunate wolf (may he rest in peace). I had to replace the passenger side window due to a break in, and the mechanic that did it messed it up which now is burning up the motor. I've replaced tires and that same mechanic messed up the alignment so I need to fix that.. Surprising this mechanic is no longer in business.. Other then that some trim is starting to peal in the back seat but that's because she's been used as a moving van quite a few times.. So mine is a little rougher then most, however I absolutely love the car. I can't imagine getting rid of it. I love that older style, the lines just flow perfectly and the stock sound is just awesome. I have just started getting to the point financially to think about modifying it but there really is no NEED to. Amazing car, horrible forum..
Old 01-12-2011, 12:01 PM

guys,
is there a more trafficked forum out there?
I agree.
This one is dead.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:35 PM

Default What kind of forum is this anyway

I keep an eye on a couple of Mercedes forums and the SL one is pretty good, but a lot of the traffic is based on enthusiasm for older/classic models and of course, Infiniti doesn't have any of those. One thing that encourages discussion is the way the SL forum is set up where I am notified by email if anyone has posted an answer to a thread I have either started or contributed to. This G forum is pretty basic and I have to wonder if its members are real enthusiasts at all. It is hard to spot future classics and although the G's might make it one day (sedan, coupe and convertible) the current models are basically modern cars with a performance edge rather than instant collector cars. The other thing about the SL forum is an actively participating moderator who is extremely knowledgeable and himself answers quite a few questions. For myself, I will watch to see if there is any improvement here but frankly think I'll just drop the whole thing in a short while. Pity, I was really hoping for some insight on a couple of things.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:18 PM

This forum doesn't seem to have the dedicated members or knowledge of other forums I am a member of, mainly Corvetteforum.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:01 PM

Have you noticed how everyone seems to be a Junior Member ?
Old 04-01-2011, 08:42 PM

Forums don't become active on their own, the members have to make them active. FWIW, there are less active Infiniti forums than this one.

If you need answers to questions, forums.nicoclub.com, myg37.com, infinitiforum.net, and g35driver.com are relatively active and you can probably get some answers in those places. But if you like this place and the people you see here, come back and post about what you found out elsewhere. Post some opinionated stuff, stir it up. Activity will step up, or it won't, but it's not like it's costing you anything.

I'm a brand new member here, perhaps an ex-one after the mods see this, but that's how I roll. Will be back to check in. I love my new G and I'm finding that I like many of the people who own them.

See y'all round the net.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:51 AM

one more I found:

http://www.ourvq.com/index.php?