infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti Cars) > Infiniti Q40, Q50, Q60 and G Forums > Infiniti G25 / G35 / G37 Coupe and Sedan Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Notices

Infiniti Forum: Just bought a 2011 G25x

Old 05-11-2011, 10:43 AM

I feel like their is a lil more power. but not sure i think i might just be getting to excited from the sound lol
Old 05-27-2011, 11:48 AM

Default just bought a g25x with mroof

just paid 35500 out the door with splash gaurds and 3 oil/maintnence. im also looking for mods , let me know if you guys find anything or do anything to your car.

my old baby- RIP

http://teamdynasty.tripod.com/trushar.html

Old 06-06-2011, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spingjp View Post
Hello all, just bought a 2011 g25x sedan, it has the new engine infiniti started to use in the g sedan.. its a 2.5 v6 engine, very good combo for gas and power. Lets get a thread going on the mods and general discussion on the g25x.. i will post pictures up soon.. Look identical to a g37
Hey congrats, for buying g25 sedan i will be eagerly waiting for the picture please do post as soon as possible.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:46 AM

I got a 2011 G25 (not x) three months ago. I'll post some pics shortly!
I absolutley love the G25. I came from a 2008 G35x. Sure I miss the extra power, but I love everything new about the 2011 G25. I get much better fuel economy as well.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:43 PM

If you guys wouldn't mind sharing what type of gas mileage you are getting, I would appreciate it. I was negotiating for a new G25 a few months ago, but did not go through with the purchase because I read that the fuel economy wasn't much better than the G37, without all the power of the G37.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kition80 View Post
If you guys wouldn't mind sharing what type of gas mileage you are getting, I would appreciate it. I was negotiating for a new G25 a few months ago, but did not go through with the purchase because I read that the fuel economy wasn't much better than the G37, without all the power of the G37.
This is true. I do a lot of city driving and I get 18-20 mpg in the city and about 27-29 on the highway. I also have a G25x, which is slightly worse on gas than the RWD G25.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:31 AM

The best I've seen on the highway so far is 7.6l/100kms.
Typical citiy driving puts me at 10.9l/100kms.

This car is fun to drive, so I'm not always taking it easy.

2011 G25 touring.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:21 PM

Thanks. So, between a 2 year old G37 with premium package, or a brand new G25, would you guys recommend one over the other?

On the one hand just the thought of all the power in the G37 is really exciting, but on the other, a brand new car, with possibly fewer speeding ticketsbmay make more sense.

What is your take on one vs the other?
Old 06-24-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kition80 View Post
So, between a 2 year old G37 with premium package, or a brand new G25, would you guys recommend one over the other?...What is your take on one vs the other?
Well, honestly, I'm not sure. The G25 doesn't feel underpowered to me, but having driven them both (inifiniti has given me g37s as loaner cars twice now), I like my G25 more. I think that might be because the loaner cars were probably not treated nicely at all and the "adaptive" transmissions adapted to being abused. If I had driven and brand new one, my opinions might be different. However, you're considering a used one, so who knows how the previous owner treated it. I think at this point it would come down to this:

*Mileage/Condition of the used G37
*COST - not just initial purchase price, but maintenance and insurance as well. I bought a maintenance package with my G25, so I don't have to pay a thing for three years and I get free loaner cars (this cost me an extra $2300 up front).
*How much the extra features mean to you. iPod integration and Navigation might be the only features that would make me say go for the G37 over the G25, but it wasn't enough in my case since the new G25s have a USB port, and I have a smartphone that provides navigation for me if I need it, which isn't very often.
*Color combination. Maybe I'm shallow, but not every color combo available on the G sedan looks all that good to me. I would take a smaller engine and a newer car if it means I get a combination I like.
*Payments (unless you're fortunate enough for this not to apply to you and you're paying for the car up front), Trade-in/Down payment/interest rate, etc. Interest rates on new cars tend to be a bit lower than those for used cars, so there's a possibility that your payments for a new car could end up being less than those for a used car.

Obviously, my choice ended up being the new G25x, for a few reasons, which actually weren't mentioned above. My dealer was very cooperative with me and I had negative equity on my trade in. I got my G25x for 30067, which is 6k below the sticker price, and I got a 3.9% interest rate on the new car, which would have been more like 8.9% (my credit isn't very good) on a used car. I would have ended up with higher payments and more overall cost for a used G sedan versus the new G sedan I have now.

Last edited by s0n1c; 06-24-2011 at 07:43 AM.