infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX56 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Infiniti Forum: Wheel Bearing

Old 03-15-2019, 10:47 AM

Default Wheel Bearing

Has anyone had front wheel bearings replaced? My 2013 QX56 is in the shop and I was told by the service advisor that the tech found wheel play in both in them. I have had bearings go bad on other vehicles and I have no noise while driving. Is this an known issue or just an upsell by Infiniti?

Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front:
BOTH FRONT WHEELBEARINGS ARE
DEVELOPING PLAY. STARTING TO GO
BAD. RECOMMEND REPLACING BOTH
FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:35 PM
SUPER MODERATOR

you have hbmc? did you buy car new? what kind of driving do you do? weekend? mall crawler? weekend toy hauler? daily driver? muddin'?

ive a 12 fully loaded all options and its my daily driver. 86K. ive heard no complaint from the infiniti dealer I take the car to and i dont have any issues as far as I know. 22 inch wheels.

you can always go to another infiniti dealer, or even a 3rd party to get a second opinion...

Old 03-17-2019, 09:14 AM

How many miles do you have on your 2013 QX56?

I own a 2012 QX56 and I have had 3 out of the 4 of my wheel bearings replaced. The front driver side wheel bearing is the only one that has not been replaced. I have pictures and details. Click on the link below to see pictures and read more about it.

https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/18...i-qx56-12.html

The reason they gave to replace all of them was same as they said for yours: they had a play in them. I have been crazy lucky because my warranty has been paying a crazy load of money on my 2012 QX56.

I have owned my 2012 QX56 for a bit more than 3 years now and my extended warranty company has paid over $18,000 in repairs. I bought my warranty for $3,300.

Trust me, I am not making any mistakes. I have a pretty good attitude of keeping details of things I want to keep track and details of. So, do not think it is a mistake. In 3 years of ownership so far, my extended warranty company has truly paid over $18,000 in warranty repairs on my 2012 QX56. You think I am happy? Not at all. But I am truly glad the warranty company has not dropped my warranty for costing them too much money. I still have 10,000 miles from today for my warranty to run out.

There are usually way too many people who enjoy their QX and never or barely have problems. Then there are always going to be some that have many problems or buy ones that may have so many problems that they will swear never to buy a Infiniti again. It happens.

I am not satisfied with my own Infiniti, but God knows I make sure to enjoy it ass best as possible. Onroad or offraod, I really enjoy it both ways and will enjoy until I ever decide to change. But I know never a Infiniti again. The Armada is always a great bargain with good goodies too. So, if I ever change this, it will be for a brand new 4Runner Trail or a slightly used and most recent Armada of whatever year I choose to buy.

Tags
wheel bearings