infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti Cars) > Infiniti Q40, Q50, Q60 and G Forums > Infiniti G25 / G35 / G37 Coupe and Sedan Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Infiniti Forum: G25x upgrades

Old 11-30-2018, 11:55 PM

Default G25x upgrades

bought a 2011 g25x not too long ago. I originally wanted a g37x but i just got my license so my parents were paying for it and it was too expensive. I just wanted to know if all exterior parts for a g37 can be used for a g25. And if anyone knows any performance upgrades for g25x.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:55 AM

Congrats J0rdan. I had mine until Black Friday 2016. I decided to trade my G25x which had low miles for a G37x with low miles.

For the G25x simple mods are:

K&N Drop in panel filters. These help your engine breathe easier.

Next High Grip Summer tires. For these you can get lighter weight 18 inch diameter wheels which meet the factory performance upgrade specs (lighter than the factory upgrade 18s which are heavy). For wheels look at Enkei. Tire Rack has a good assortment. Tires get personal for whatever reason. I prefer the Bridgestone pole positions for summer. I use the factory 17 inch diameter tires for my ice and snow tires. I prefer Bridgestone Blizzaks. High performance tires will stop, accelerate and corner better than all-season designs, which compromise too much. The exception will be over rain covered roads. Weigh your choice with you driving habits and road conditions.

Next consider the Hotchkis thicker high performance anti-roll bars. The G37x model for these will work with the G25x. Get the AWD version of these for proper clearance for the chassis pieces.

Next consider brake upgrades. Some owners swap the RWD G37S model calipers and rotors for the factory. This is popular. Stillen should have available factory size cross drilled rotors and metal matrix pads for the G25. These take longer to heat from a cold start. Stopping distance when cold will be greater than stock. They will do better with brake fade if you have heavy braking. I liked how they improved dealing with steep hills when I had them installed in my old G20. Stillen should also sell steel braided brake lines. These are usually sourced through Goodridge.

If you want more, Injen makes a double RAM with heat shield type low restriction intake system. Get the G25 model as the G37 model won't work here. This will replace the stock airbox and panel filters.

If you want more, Tanabe makes aftermarket exhausts for the G25x. They should have an AWD version for the Medalion exhaust.

After freeing up the restriction on the intake and exhaust, consider custom tune on the engine. This will not be factory setting. The uprev seems to be popular. Find a reputable shop that can do an uprev tune on you G25.

Tanabe shows coil over and lower spring suspension mods. They work with the RWD model, not sure if compatible with the AWD G25x. Lowering creates bottoming out the chassis issues. We have horrible roads not to mention a declined driveway where I live, so lowering is out of the question for me.

You can do larger diameter wheels and shorter profile tires. These go way up in cost and ride much harsher. They also put more stress on the ball joints and axles. If you are willing to put up with that then don't be surprised with faster wear and high replacement costs. Work with a reputable tire dealer who is familiar with chassis and fender clearance if you do extreme plus sizing. Caliper clearance will be important if you do a big brake upgrade.

This gets expensive fast, which is why I decided to upgrade to the G37x. I wasn't convinced all the mods would make me happier compared to owning my G37x. So far I had the dealer transfer the K&N panels and wheel and tires when I traded. They checked them out first to make sure they were in acceptable condition since I was buying certified preowned.

Happy hunting