infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX56 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Infiniti Forum: New to me QX, rear suspension question

Old 04-15-2017, 08:01 AM

Default New to me QX, rear suspension question

New to me 2013 QX

When I 1st start the QX should I hear the compressor run to bring the rear up? it seems to be sagging. Or will it only compensate when I haul heavy loads or a trailer?

Thanks
Old 04-15-2017, 07:14 PM
SUPER MODERATOR

its in the operator's manual in how this operates,

but the compressor runs to keep the rear end level. it will do this if the sensor in back detects the rear end is below normal ride height. the compressor can come on in the cold or if there is a load.

to determine if your compressor works as it should:

open the rear door. put some weight on the end of the trunk. so get 3 adults or comparable weight and sit it on the end there.

wait a couple minutes

turn the car on

compressor should kick in to raise the rear height if the weight is substantial enough to lower the rear end.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:22 AM

mine runs every time i start, and some other times -- when it is cold. The seals where the tubes go from the compressor to the shock shrink up or harden and air escapes. Doesn't happen when it's say above 50 degrees. It's really annoying. i bought some flexible pipe sealer (PFT or something like that) based on some recommendations in threads about armadas and will give that a go this summer when i have time.

it takes about 20-30 seconds after start to kick on.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:02 PM
SUPER MODERATOR

seems you have answered your questions.

well we know it works!

and you are on the right track with regards on how to fix it. the same compressor system is on the armada
Old 11-06-2018, 10:30 AM

Hello,

I searched and could not find a thread with some introductions on how to properly adjust the ride height sensor. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any help will be appreciated.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:44 PM
SUPER MODERATOR

You can find the service manual online for your model (its free). You can get the info you need there.