infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX56 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Infiniti Forum: Replacement Tires

Old 03-11-2015, 10:21 AM

I've always had great mileage out of the Michelins, MS2s. Wish they came in a 22.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:22 PM

Default 2011had 76k

I just had new tires put on our 2011 last weekend. We got 76K out of the Bridgeston but I like Michelin so we upgraded to the Michelin M/S II. Great tires.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:12 PM

I just got a set of the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus from tire rack. i will probably remove the snows and put them on this week. they replace the OEMs, which got, i think, over 50k miles before i tossed them in the fall (i am not the original owner so i am not sure). will post back here in a bit with how they are...

-chris
Old 04-07-2015, 09:25 PM

Every vehicle I have owned has had Michelin Tires...that's all I buy...but with the 22s im stuck with OEM Bridgestone or Pirelli...
Old 04-10-2015, 11:16 AM

We're pushing 50k on our 2012 QX original/OEM set.

cbkqx56, Also looking at the positive reviews at Tire Rack re: the Scorp Verde All Season Plus at $245/per.

So if you get yours on, please let us know how they ride...quiet enough?

We're taking a 2k+ trip in June and I may look to replace before that trip. Long stretches of not a lot around if I were to blow one out...although I'd probably be able to get close to 60k on these like some others have been seeing.

Fantastic usage from such a heavy, 4WD vehicle.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:26 AM

I am having them installed today, will post back over the weekend with an initial view.

Chris
Old 04-10-2015, 12:15 PM

That'd be great...thanks.

From memory, the OEM's are Dueler H/T's, which Tire Rack shows only a 3.5/Probably Not for Would You Buy Again. The Scorps got a 9/Definitely on that rating.

I didn't see that the OEM's were all that bad, personally. But the customer feedback puts the Verde Plus way ahead of the OEM's. Average 4.4 points more, per survey topic (hydroplaning resistance, Cornering, comfort, etc.)... 108pts vs. just 67pts for the OEMs.

No brainer what to buy, I guess...assuming close to the same cost.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:24 PM

I never had any problems with the OEMs till the tread started wearing, then i noticed a significant decline in wet performance. They were still above the wear bars and by tread depth were still "ok". Given that (I think) they lasted 50some thousand miles that's pretty good! I mainly bought the Pirellis to see what they were like.

what i wish i could get is a conti pro contact DWS, i really like those tires. no such luck.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:46 PM

Haha...I bought a set of Conti DWS for an '09 Z4 this past fall. Replaced a set of OEM RFT's that just killed you when hitting bridges, pot holes, etc. They were just rigid as all hell.

Yes, I'm finding the DWS to be a nice set on the Z, at least and would've bought these if they had shown as an option. Not many choices in the 22" range but I think the Scorp Verdes should prove to be a nice set. I just ordered through my local Dobbs. $1200 fully installed/balanced/tpms, warranty, blah blah. That after the current $60 rebate.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:55 AM

when I purchased my replacement tires, I didn't see the Pirellis , I just looked at Tire Rack and not listed for the 20inch ... I went with the OEM Bridgestone's, as I did get amazing mileage out of them.. so far no complaints

Tags
qx56, tires