infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX56 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Infiniti Forum: Replacement Tires

Old 08-17-2013, 04:42 PM

Default New Tires

Who's bought new tires yet for their Beast??? I have the 20inch wheels, and $tealer finally says I need new tires... Got 57k on the originals.. I'm SHOCKED!!

What tires are you guys using?
Old 08-18-2013, 09:18 AM

I'm shocked you got that much mileage out of your Q. Sounds reasonable. I woudln't buy them from the dealership though - go to Discount Tire or NTB. Don't waste your money.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:45 AM

Yup... I'm shocked as well. I had a MB ML500, that needed tires every 15-18k. So yes, shocked is an understatement when I got these numbers.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:33 PM

I will be shocked if I don't get to 50 or 60k. I'm almost to 40 right now and I've got plenty of tread left. Rotations are the name of the game and I have mine rotated every oil change. I have always done that with every vehicle I have ever owned and haven't had any short life tires like so many people complain of and I have owned many many brands and sizes.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcrebel View Post
I will be shocked if I don't get to 50 or 60k. I'm almost to 40 right now and I've got plenty of tread left. Rotations are the name of the game and I have mine rotated every oil change. I have always done that with every vehicle I have ever owned and haven't had any short life tires like so many people complain of and I have owned many many brands and sizes.
Agreed, I actually got over 100,000 miles on a set of Michelins.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughyear View Post
Yup... I'm shocked as well. I had a MB ML500, that needed tires every 15-18k. So yes, shocked is an understatement when I got these numbers.
I used to get about 25-30k on the speed rated (V and Z) tires on a Mercedes and a BMW. Wouldn't think those would be on an ML however.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughyear View Post
Who's bought new tires yet for their Beast??? I have the 20inch wheels, and $tealer finally says I need new tires... Got 57k on the originals.. I'm SHOCKED!!

What tires are you guys using?
With 20 inch wheels, I've had good luck with Michelin and Cooper.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:37 AM

Default 20's

hey Roughyear, they have a good list of 20's on Tire rack. At least you can review & compare and see the tread-ware rating and Load ratings. They look to be all ' P' rated. I haven't looked real close.
That is excellent mileage out of your Bridgestones. That reminds me, I need to rotate mine. I am kinda worried about that as I have one on the rear that has a lot of weights.
Maybe I will do that today between conference calls.
Have a good one
Parrott

2011 QX Black on black, 20 inch wheels and a new air filter
Old 08-22-2013, 08:20 PM

Costco has a $70 rebate on a set of 4 Bridgestone - Dueler H/T 684II [OEM], which are the same price as TireRack.. meaning don't have to pay for shipping, and they're $15 each to install... thus the rebate actually pays for the Installation.

I'm trying to decide b/t the OEM Bridegestones, as I didn't mind them at all or the Yokohama Geolandar or Michelin LTX M/S2
Old 02-17-2014, 01:52 PM

Default Replacement Tires

OK, finally had it after almost wrecking twice today in the 1 inch snow. I have no confidence in these tires and really this truck in the snow. I took my old Tahoe which is great in the snow because this is such a joke.

We usually get 2 or 3 snow storms a year so no way I'm going to buy new rims and snow tires. The Original 22" Bridgestone need to be replaced at 30k miles which I'm just aggravated about. I'm looking for a tire to still have the same good looking low profile and width but would like a better snow/rain tire that preferably lasts longer. Tire rack reviews on the stock tires confirm my suspicions, everyone hates it in the snow and rain. I see there are only a few tires in that size, anyone replace theirs with a different tire size that they're happy with?

Last edited by Punisher; 02-17-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Tags
qx56, tires