infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX56 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Infiniti Forum: [2011+] QX56 new motor, timing chains, etc

Old 03-30-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcrebel View Post
So you make a hit and run post like this. Ok....

I pm you asking for specifics on your claim and haven't gotten a response in several weeks...

i call BS on your statement until you can prove otherwise. I've checked with every dealer rep I know and had them check as well and no one in their network can substantiate such a claim as this. Obviously it's in their best interest to do so because I'm not experiencing problems but if I did in the future and found out they lied or were not forthcoming with information or evidence when specifically asked...

I agree with the poster above that forums are generally where we post problems and issues to look for solutions from others.
Rarely do we see or hear of the many things owners enjoy.
I'm guessing he is a troll.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:19 AM

Default timing chain/needle jet issue

have 2011 QX with 75,000 miles. has been great without any problems. engine started studdering at >1000 rpms (limp home mode?) and had brief whistling noise upon start up.

dealer said issue is known. it will be covered though outside warranty. supposedly have fix now and aren't replacing engine.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011QX-56 View Post
have 2011 QX with 75,000 miles. has been great without any problems. engine started studdering at >1000 rpms (limp home mode?) and had brief whistling noise upon start up.

dealer said issue is known. it will be covered though outside warranty. supposedly have fix now and aren't replacing engine.
Is this specific to the 2011 or the engine as a whole?

After having our engine swapped on our 2013 JX only 8 months into ownership, I'm not eager to go down that road again. I will say Infiniti was amazing about the whole process and made it as convenient as possible for us. I guess if I was getting a new / rebuilt engine after 75k, I'd see it as a gift. After 20k on the JX, I was a little concerned about the longevity.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:37 PM

sorry, i don't know if it is specific to the 2011 or not.

went to dealership yesterday and service guys were great. gave us a newer ex35 as a loaner.

apparently there is a spec that dictates whether they replace the oil jet or the engine. have to open it up to determine. crossing my fingers for a new engine!!

i don't see any reason to be concerned about the engine...it ran perfectly for 75,000 miles. years ago, had the old j30 & i30; both engines were flawless and smooth. the pros would know better but thought i recalled infinitis being known for the powerplant.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:41 PM

Default 2012 Timing Chain

My 2012 QX56 has been in the shop for 3 weeks because of a "timing chain and sprocket issue" . The problem we took it to dealership for was the sound of a slipping/squeaking serpentine belt. The dealership diagnosed it as the timing chain problem and the associated maintenance notice.

Waited a couple of weeks for parts and finally the repair was supposed to be finished today. Got a call that said there was an oil pressure problem and the oil pump would need to be replaced. That would take until the middle of next week.

This is all very concerning on a car with 35,000 miles. Has anyone else had this problem on a 2012 QX56. I was told that the 2012 engine is a completely different engine than the 2011.

At this point, I am thinking of asking for a completely new engine!!!>>?? Frustrated in Austin.

Thanks for any info.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:26 PM

Default New Motor

My '11 is in he shop now. Had the same sound on start up that sounded like a belt rubbing something. The shop said it was the timing belt and it was a known problem. Would take three wks because he had four more in front of mind with the same problem. He said they used to replace the motor and then found a way just to fix the problem? Got a call a week later and said they sent pictures in and are being told to replace the motor. So waiting on a new motor. My QX56 only has 50k miles. They say this is caused by not changing the oil exactly every 3K?
Old 02-12-2014, 04:37 PM

Update on my 12 with just over 50k….
Running like a top. No issues.
I do get it serviced every 37-- miles that they recommend. I also rotate the tires every time it is in for service which is why I will get at least 60k out of the original tires if not 70k at the current wear rate.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:02 AM
SUPER MODERATOR

the qx does NOT have a timing BELT. it has a timing CHAIN.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcrebel View Post
Update on my 12 with just over 50ků.
Running like a top. No issues.
I do get it serviced every 37-- miles that they recommend. I also rotate the tires every time it is in for service which is why I will get at least 60k out of the original tires if not 70k at the current wear rate.
Are those the 22" tires? I'm at 35k miles and my tires need to be replaced which angers the hell out of me. I had the same tires on my Tahoe and got 70k. I have zero traction in the snow and tread depth is minimal. These tires are too expensive to replace every 35k miles.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Are those the 22" tires? I'm at 35k miles and my tires need to be replaced which angers the hell out of me. I had the same tires on my Tahoe and got 70k. I have zero traction in the snow and tread depth is minimal. These tires are too expensive to replace every 35k miles.
No. I have the "little" 20's. Lol.
Totally agree they are about as good as racing slicks in the snow and ice.
Switched mine out for Blizzaks thanks to my dealer on my last visit having a set that fit mine. So currently my factory tires are resting comfortably in their garage. I clocked the mileage when I pulled them off so I would know the mileage on the actual tires when I put them back on.
The Blizzaks are the cats meow in the snow and ice fwiw.
I talked to the general manager about tread wear and tire life of these oem tires and the 22" tires. He told me that folks didn't rotate them. He said he has had some of them he replaced at 25k completely worn out.
AWD and the sheer weight of this vehicle will punish tires if they are not rotated often.
The Tahoe isn't awd correct? Makes a difference I would suspect.

How often have you rotated them?

Could be a composition difference in the 20's and 22's causing excessive tread wear in the 22's?

Tags
door actuators, infiniti, infiniti qx56, qx56, timing chain