infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Compact CUV Forums > Infiniti EX35 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network cars connected social networking app for ios cars connected social networking app for android

Notices

Infiniti Forum: Infiniti EX35 Electrical Issue

Old 06-20-2017, 08:42 PM

Default Infiniti EX35 Electrical Issue

Hopefully someone can offer some guidance on an electrical issue I am experiencing with my 2008 Infiniti EX35 crossover. There seems to be an electrical short which is tripping the fuse for the driver power seat, cabin lights, and power rear view mirrors. I ride a ferry to work each day and usually move my driver power seat back and down to relax so the power seat is being used daily. After replacing the fuse the seat, lights, and mirrors operate fine for a day or two then the fuse trips again. I have disconnected all devices from the internal outlets but the fuse keeps tripping. My local mechanic is trying to find the source which may be the driver power seat, but he says he would have to rip apart the wiring harness under the seat to test which would take hours. Before we commit to this work, has anyone experienced this issue or have an idea of other things we should look at. Want to avoid taking this to the dealer as it will most likely be very costly.

Thank you in advance.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:58 AM

Shorts are one of the worst issues to resolve. If you are sure it happens only when the seat is moved, I would take the seat out and start rummaging through the wires that move as the seat moves. Locate the wires related to the circuits that short and then use a multimeter to test various wires as the seat moves. Failing that, I'd take it to an automotive electrical expert, not just a generalist.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slice235 View Post
Hopefully someone can offer some guidance on an electrical issue I am experiencing with my 2008 Infiniti EX35 crossover. There seems to be an electrical short which is tripping the fuse for the driver power seat, cabin lights, and power rear view mirrors. I ride a ferry to work each day and usually move my driver power seat back and down to relax so the power seat is being used daily. After replacing the fuse the seat, lights, and mirrors operate fine for a day or two then the fuse trips again. I have disconnected all devices from the internal outlets but the fuse keeps tripping. My local mechanic is trying to find the source which may be the driver power seat, but he says he would have to rip apart the wiring harness under the seat to test which would take hours. Before we commit to this work, has anyone experienced this issue or have an idea of other things we should look at. Want to avoid taking this to the dealer as it will most likely be very costly.

Thank you in advance.
Are you the original owner? Do u have aftermarket bulbs? Could be the wrong size bulb. This happened to me before when I changed the bulbs with after market.