infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX56 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Notices

Infiniti Forum: Power seats on 2005 QX56

Old 10-29-2018, 09:22 AM

I have all the tools and devices for continuity checks and applying power to connectors. One of the problems is that the only wiring diagram for the seats is for the passenger seat. Although the wire color codes in the diagram do not match my plugs and harness, I think I've identified the hot and ground wires to activate the seat safely. The driver seat is not documented, except for heating elements. It has many more wires on it's main connector - I'm assuming because of it's Automatic Drive Positioning capability. There is virtually no reference to this main connector with 15 wires. Again, I want to make sure I don't accidentally set off the airbags. Thanks!

Another note: Remember, I'm not testing in the car - where continuity back to the fuse box makes sense. These seats are out of a vehicle and I'm working strictly at the seat plug level.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:29 PM

Still in need of help. Getting nowhere on figuring power, driver seat. What manuals that purport to provide minimal wiring diagrams have not been helpful. By their own documentation notes, they admit to little documentation for this seat. Minimal diagrams do not match the wiring harness or plug connections. I simply want to do what was easy on the passenger seat.....identify a hot and ground lead and test. It worked. No such luck on the driver side. I'm sure it has to do with connectors running through the driver seat control module. Somebody must have had to test one of these seats out of the car at some point. HELP!!

Old 11-13-2018, 12:14 AM
SUPER MODERATOR

yes the ADP, or automatic drive positioner is the module that controls the seats, steering wheel, mirrors. all of those run through the ADP.

have you had a look at the schematics for the ADP? the power for the seat goes through that. the ADP remembers the seat position so it can be stored and recalled via the fob that is assigned to the memory position or the buttons on the door.

safe bet not many people who frequent this forum will have taken out the seat. you may be alone here my friend...
Old 11-13-2018, 02:32 PM

Through various physical tracing/identifying wires routed, I thought I was down to identifying power and grounds. Did not work. I would think that the "auto" portion would not be holding me up, because the seat should operate independent of memory options. I saw exact problem outlined in GS portion of forum, so the problem is not just QX related, but is across the board. The same poor documentation exists for the GS and other models. I am going to reply to the last GS thread to see if it was ever resolved. If I ever resolve it, I will post answer for all users frustrated with this pain.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:23 PM
SUPER MODERATOR

i understand your frustration.

the ADP is a major player because it does keep track of each step the motor makes when you are moving the seats, mirrors, steering wheel.

when I had a 2006 armada, nissan came out with power fold mirrors a year later. i took it upon myself tio add those power fold mirrors with puddle lights on my 2006.

i had to get a new door harness for both doors and had to tap into the fuse panel for some extra inputs the main harness didnt have.

once i did all that the mirror glass would not move with the directional pad on the door like it did for the previous mirrors.

the problem was i did not have an ADP to tap into. the adp connected the mirror glass motor with the power from the wiring, and it did this so the adp could keep track of the "steps" or "revolutions" the mirror glass motor made when moving the mirror.

i learned of the ADP's importance by a member on here named "cpaul" who actually was a tech at the nissan plant in mississippi. he was able to send me an old adp box from a nissan quest.

long winded story but again the issue lies within how the adp is connected and how these items are connected to it (seats, mirrors, etc.).

keep the class posted bro! Im rootin' for ya!
Old 11-13-2018, 10:02 PM

Will do. Got a survey request from Infiniti customer service for an email exchange that went nowhere. They said they could not provide technical assistance and referred me back to dealers - which had little/no experience and bailed. I told Infiniti they HAD factory -level subject matter experts that should be available when an issue is escalated. We'll see if I get a response or just another echo.

Tags
power seat wiring