infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX56 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Notices

Infiniti Forum: Rear DVD monitors - no remote

Old 11-04-2018, 02:45 PM

Default Rear DVD monitors - no remote

Recently purchased used 2012 QX56. I unfortunately don’t have a remote or headphones for the rear entrainment system. I can’t get rear monitors to play DVD though I see it on main console screen up front. When I activate rear screens in rear display menu up front I get a brief message on rear monitors with REAR AUX in upper left corner with another message at bottom saying “to return to original source press rear AUX”. I believe that button is on the remote. From what I think may be true, the remote is the only way to get either rear monitor out of the Rear Aux mode and it can’t be forced out of this mode through the front interface. Though I do want a remote eventually, they are like $200 which is ridiculous especially considering you can do most functions up front. I’d be happy at this point to just put a DVD in and hit play.

Does anybody know how this can be done without a remote? Am I missing anything here?

Last edited by adellicson; 11-04-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:47 PM

Not sure if it can be done with a button within the car, but if may be possible for you to use a cellphone. My Android phones have been able to control IR devices with apps for a few devices. Search the Google playstore or iTunes(?) for an IR app to at least allow you a temporary solution.

Later,
pjdavep

Old 11-04-2018, 10:06 PM
SUPER MODERATOR

you can get an off the shelf IR remote at best buy. 20 bux or less. maybe even ebay.