infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX80 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Infiniti Forum: 2018 80 first service

Old 10-26-2018, 01:33 PM

Default 2018 80 first service

Hey guys. Just scheduled my first service for our 18 80 (oil, filter and tire rotation). I asked how much and they quoted me $135 since the 18 80 uses full synthetic oil. That was news to me??? Previously I have paid around $75 for same work at other dealerships.
We prepaid on the 15 we owned previously so I never checked the prices on this service at this dealer.
I'm going to check around in regards to the validity of the synthetic oil claim.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:04 PM
SUPER MODERATOR

You can ask another dealer what they charge but that sounds right. I get Ester oil in my 2012 and its about 90 bux just for the oil change. Tire rotation is another 30 bux.

Old 10-26-2018, 03:16 PM

Thanks Marc. Iím at my local Nissan dealer getting same synthetic oil, filter and tires rotated for $60. This location also saves me a tank of fuel and 4 hours round trip on the road to Infiniti. So total saved is going to be around $150 per service. That will add up quickly.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:30 AM

Just a thought- I often bring my own Mobil 1 to the dealerships if the prices are askew. Although I was shocked when the local Caddy dealer quoted me $60 for a synthetic oil change. Since it takes almost 9 qts of oil, that's not much more than the cost of the filter/oil.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:56 AM

Thanks Keg. I have done that with my previous pickup before. Will definitely keep it in mind going forward. Out the door was $75 for an oil/filter change and tire rotation. Almost half price plus the dealership is 11 miles from my house vs 100. I was in and out in under an hour with no appointment. Hard to complain. They told me they could do anything to the infiniti I needed done save for warranty work.