infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX80 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Notices

Infiniti Forum: '14 QX80 + mods

Old 04-20-2018, 07:52 AM

Default '14 QX80 + mods

My QX80 as it currently sits with the 22" KMC KM704s w/Goodyear Fortera SL 285/45/22 tires. I also got the chance to DIY the front grill to emulate the midnight black grille option from Infiniti.

With the aFe bolt-on mods (catback, CAI, TBS) already done, sending in my ecu dump to Uprev since the QX80 isn't a core vehicle. Once Uprev patches the ROM, Joe from CajunTuning will dial everything in.

I've also been in touch with Loren from Rotora regarding the Big Brake Kit for the QX80 (8 piston front, 6 piston rear). Although the price was tough to beat when compared to other brands such as Brembo, Wilwood, etc. who only carry a front kit, the Rotora is a complete front & rear kit. I'm hoping for the price to drop just a bit.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:39 AM

Nice!!!!!

Old 04-25-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm5f2 View Post
Nice!!!!!
Thanks.

Just an aesthetic upgrade; LED rear bumper lights. I missed having the OE rear fog lights that were on my Audi and MB. I even installed a set of Morimoto 5Stop LED brake lights on my previous Armada to work just like rear fog lights; those were really bright and wish these on the QX80 were just as bright.

I have them tapped into the OE tow hitch harness to work in unison with the park lights I but plan on wiring them up with a separate switch when I have the time.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:03 PM
SUPER MODERATOR

c'mon bro, dont tease!

whats the part number to the bumper leds? how difficult? im a caveman, not super skilled like you...

do the reflectors just pop right out?
Old 04-26-2018, 02:36 PM

Talking

What he said!
Old 04-26-2018, 04:13 PM

Sorry guys, here's the link for these LED lights:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/173226201613?rmvSB=true

Really simple install, as it has (3) input wires: (-) ground, (+) running lights, (+) brake or signal.
I didn't wire it to run like OE tail lights where its dim when on with running lights and brighter when the brake or signal input is triggered. I bypassed the running light input wire and connected the second (+) input to stay brightly lit as pictured.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:00 PM
SUPER MODERATOR

so..even whilst driving about they are full bright? i think i may like that mod better.

just got the notice the lamps shipped.. should get them within a month..
Old 05-02-2018, 07:21 AM

Ordering mine today!!
Old 05-07-2018, 12:54 PM

I didn't want to start another thread but over the weekend, I went ahead and used the CRC GDI intake valve cleaner.
Since the 5.6L V8 in our trucks are GDI (gas direct injection) motors, the backside of the intake valves are no longer sprayed with fuel and the buildup of carbon deposits take place. This is common on all GDI engines, not just Infiniti.

While fuel system cleaners such as LiquiMoly Jectron (my personal favorite), BG 44K, Techron help maintain and clean the fuel system, they no longer have the "cleaning" effect on the valves of a GDI motor.

***Since I have an aFe CAI, I just loosened the hose clamp attaching the CAI tube onto the coupler and slipped the CRC built-in straw to face the throttle body.

Just follow the instructions on the can. You'll need another person to help out so that one can spray into the tb chamber while the other sits inside the truck and keeps the rpms from dropping (1500-2000 rpms).

On my QX80, an increased amount of white smoke/exhaust started blowing out during the first two intervals of spraying but I've read and been told it will vary on how dirty the valves are. By the time the can was about 1/2 done, there was hardly anything else blowing out the exhaust.
I let the truck sit for an hr. as per CRC's instruction and after an hr. passed, it was time to take it out for a good drive.

My initial feedback: I immediately noticed an improvement in throttle response. Even more satisfying when I went WOT merging onto the highway for a "spirited" drive.

I'm definitely adding this DIY procedure to my list. Considering I live in NYC and the majority of my driving involves plenty of stop and go traffic, this will keep the intake valves routinely maintained.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:15 PM

Mod completed! Done, Done, and Done!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180509_200105.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	696