infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX80 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Notices

Infiniti Forum: Traded the 15 for an 18

Old 09-09-2018, 07:29 PM
SUPER MODERATOR

the refreshes for the 18 are mostly cosmetic. the AV system does have some updates that are a LONNGGGGGGGG time coming but mechanically its not all that different over prior years.

HBMC--its like driving a sports car with tuned suspension. just one example....when you exit off onto a exit ramp and as you circle around, the car stays level (flat) across that. you may slide in your seat due to centrifugal force but the car wont...

heres class:

https://youtu.be/X4w_-132oMM

https://youtu.be/A8uAbltjnIY

https://youtu.be/FtnrplhXUmU
Old 09-09-2018, 07:36 PM

It’s a game changer. We’ve owned a 12 and a 15 without it and won’t own another without it. Like you my wife drives ours mostly now so i drive on long road trips.
Best way to feel it is to go to an empty parking lot and make full lock circles with and without hbmc. It’s staggering.

Old 09-10-2018, 05:55 AM

Hmmm....will try the parking lot scenario. That'll be easy to do.

We are going tonight and I expect to bring a loaner for the evening. The Wife doesn't enjoy test drives while the sales person is talking. Not sure why b/c it's how she drives....lots of kid's voice in her ear!!!

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 09-10-2018, 08:28 AM

You bet. I’m anxious to hear your thoughts.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:53 AM

Update (with caveat that it's my wife's truck and up to her- I'm ok with either vehicle.)

She liked the QX80 a ton. Since we had one before, it was very comfortable and similar to her previous one. We got 140K trouble free miles from the previous one so that history is important to her. Then again, she mentioned maybe wanting to try something different.

It definitely rides better than the Escalade. It has a nicer interior and just feels like a more expensive vehicle. The only issue is the size. We're both not sure if the extra room of the Escalade ESV would fit our 3 kids and the myriad of sports equipment they require. To be honest, I'm falling more on the side of the get the bigger vehicle but that's probably b/c I'm the one who puts the Thule box on top, back porch on the back, etc.! Speaking of which- has anybody put a front tow hitch on a QX? That would help tremendously with our beach gear.

Interesting but she was definitive about getting a White over Black truck. But after seeing them in person, she was considering Black over Black and Grey over Black. Black looks awesome but I can't imagine my neurotic self trying to keep it clean with my animal children!! I'd have to put a bubble wrap around it in the garage

Not sure what we're going to do- we're going to be busy preparing both of our homes for Florence and will make a decision within a week.

Just to follow up- picked up an Escalade ESV- white over the upgraded Kona (baseball glove like leather) yesterday.

It's a super truck but I wish Infiniti would offer an extended length version of the QX80 (QX 90 perhaps???). It's not a huge market but Cadillac and Lincoln have this market all to themselves. Extend out the wheelbase and voila- you have a new vehicle with minimal R&D.

Not sure how true, but the Mercedes sales person told me the next GLS version coming out next year will include an ESV/Suburban sized version.