infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX80 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Notices

Infiniti Forum: Lost bracelet down hole of front cupholder

Old 01-20-2018, 09:05 PM

Default Lost bracelet down hole of front cupholder

Hope someone can help. My daughter lost an expensive bracelet down the hole of the crumb catcher next to the front cupholder of my qx80. We can see a link of the bracelet in and amongst a ton of wires down the hole, but can’t get to the bracelet even with a hook made from an old clothes hanger. Any idea of how to remove the front cupholder on the console? Or, does the whole console have to come out? She’s distraught! Thanks in advance for any help! (Side note, wth does here need to be hole where people would put change and other tiny objects? Stupid!).
Old 01-21-2018, 06:19 PM

Did you try removing the cupholder insert? I've found change tends to collect behind that as well as receipts. Maybe take a pic so I know exactly what area you are referencing?

Old 01-22-2018, 04:52 PM

Thanks for the response. After many separate tries by my husband, and myself, the bracelet could not be pulled out of the bottomless pit under the cupholders. I took my car in to the dealership. Turns out the reason a hole was there was because I was missing an insert that belonged in that space, a "change" collector of sorts, which would have blocked the hole. The dealership said the only way to get the bracelet out was to dismantle the console. Which they were going to charge me for...but I pleaded my case...my car didn't have the right insert and I purchased it new from that dealership. So, they decided not to charge me. And I now have both the lost bracelet and a "change" collecting insert. SO, I was right, there should not have been a hole where people would put tiny objects. #Firstworldproblems. Ha.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:19 PM

Can I get some pics of this insert and the hole it covers? Want to make sure we don't have the same issue.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:02 PM

Sure! I’d be happy to if I knew how to insert a picture. I’m on a mobile device and the message area is not allowing me to copy or insert a picture.