infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX80 Forum

Notices

Infiniti Forum: Forum not posting my thread? JD power 2017 dependability study

Old 04-19-2017, 07:36 PM

I think Infiniti has slipped a bit from their glory days. We had a 2008 G35 ... literally bullet proof ... nothing but routine maintenance at our Infiniti dealer. Still going strong, although weak point is the interior appearance didn't hold up.

I traded my Escalade for a new 2016 QX80 Limited in Imperial Black and will say its been solid but a few software and navigation issues otherwise good. The interior on this one is Bentley like although as Kcrebel indicates the Navigation/Center console electronics set-up is sorely lacking for this price point. Fit & Finish is great ... and I'm pretty particular with getting cars protected and detailed ($4K alone in Ceramic Pro coating and Xpel).

I just feel for the price point it could be a little better. The 2G to 3G issue was an embarrassment to Infiniti. How can you not rectify that knowing ATT was dropping at end of 2016 ... and insult to injury is Infiniti required a co-pay to upgrade the unit. This kind of stuff counts as negative information in the JD Powers survey.

Infinti has contracted JD Powers to solicit anonymous owners going in for service visits to complete a thorough report afterwards ... I presume in hopes of improving customer satisfaction and getting the real details behind the scenes.

Ironically, I too came away with a few scratches from the dealer washing ... car must have had winter dirt/sand on surface and you can see the scratches ... black shows everything.

Best of luck in your search