infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX56 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Infiniti Forum: Extended Warranty and Service Plan Pricing

Old 03-21-2011, 12:04 PM

Default Extended Warranty and Service Plan Pricing

Infiniti offers a number of variations on their QX 56 new car extended warranty plans, based on years, mileage, deductible, etc. Having just purchased a new 2011 QX 56, I wanted to inquire if anyone has purchased the extended warranty and what they paid. Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Thank you, Paul
Old 04-02-2011, 09:08 PM

Shop the web. I purchased a factory Acura 120K, 7yr extended warranty on my 2011 MDX for 60% less than than the dealer wanted to charge me when I bought the truck. I went on line and found an Acura dealer in the northeast that was selling them on line.

I just bought a 2008 QX56 last week, with 53000 miles, and negotiated a $0 deductible, 3yr/100K bumper to bumper for $1,800, through a company called Compass. Very reputable and been around for a long time.

Typical rule of thumb is a 100-125% markup on dealer/factory offered extended warranties. Dealer will be happy to make $100 on a warranty package if it means losing the sale of the vehicle. Play hard ball with them.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:12 AM

I paid $2600 for the 84 month/120K mile FACTORY Infiniti Elite Extended Warranty.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:19 AM

Default which other warranty companies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwagon View Post
I paid $2600 for the 84 month/120K mile FACTORY Infiniti Elite Extended Warranty.
In previous post, compass warranty was good but what carchex or infinitiwarranty? there so many online and any help or suggestion would be great bc I plan to buy a 2008 M35 or G35 with average 58k miles.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:05 AM

If you have insurance with geico you can get an extended warrenty on the car that is 7years/100,000 bumper to bumper and you pay it with your car insurance.

I have it on my current truck (2004 Dodge Ram 2500) and it has saved me a TON of money.

Take it for what it's worth, but it works for me.

GBA
Old 05-09-2011, 09:19 AM

Through Infiniti I got the extended up to 7 years 110K miles for $1600 extra.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:11 AM

I was offered several options during purchase but the Infiniti warranty fell short of covering 'everything'; it clearly stated that the underlying electronics were not covered and this was a Showstopper.

I would still like to get one but prefer a hassle free warranty and have found none yet

-DW
Old 02-07-2012, 08:49 PM

Default Extended Warranty and Service Plan Pricing

I cannot seem to get a hold of the dealers finance guy and get pricing. Can anyone give me a price range/options for the extended warranty on a 2012 QX56 with a triple pack?

Also I am not able to do the routine maintenance as I do not have a jack or space for this big boy. What kind of plans are there from Infiniti and costs?
Old 02-11-2012, 12:01 PM

Default extended warranty

Don't know what the triple pack is, but the crazy guys we were buying from said the extended warranty ran the same time as the standard warranty. I said what? I never heard of that, what good is that,
So I said hell no. I figured I would call that Infinity concierge service and see if they could hook me up with Infinity direct or something.
I was disappointed with that at the dealer, they also wanted 2k a year for the extended warranty too. Said it covered everything but 2k was quite pricey.

Maybe Mark can chime in here on how it really is suppose to be.
Thanks
Parrott
Old 02-11-2012, 01:04 PM

The triple pack is what dealers I wears dealing with were calling all packages including the tech package.

We ended up buying yesterday, $2,500 for the 8yr warranty, 8yr maintenance plan, they threw in LoJack.

For this pricing, it was very agressive by the dealer, did not care if the extended warranty overlapped. I will only keep the car until 6 years maybe 7 years.

I love this QX, it is for my wife so I hope I get to drive it and not just play tech support.

Tags
elite, extended, warranty