infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX56 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Infiniti Forum: Timing chain recall 2011 QX56

Old 05-06-2016, 07:11 AM

Default Timing chain recall 2011 QX56

Came into the dealership this morning (May 6, 2016) for a routine oil change. Service Advisor informed me of a very newly issued recall for a new timing chain on our 2011 QX56 with 40,122 miles. Wow, was I surprised. I wasn't experiencing any issues and all servicing performed at the dealer.

Campaign # P6305 Campaign Description M56 QX56 TMNG CHN ITB 16-015

Last edited by grillmaster; 05-06-2016 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:38 AM

Thumbs up

called my dealer (Pepe in White Plains NY)... They said it came out yesterday and that it's tied to your VIN (so you need to talk to your dealer to know if you are eligible). Taking mine in on Monday. What a relief as I'm at 90k and the car sputters under soft acceleration (even with new fuel pump, etc) and sounds like crap when it starts on colder days which makes me think my car's days are numbered till this blows up.

Last edited by cbkqx56; 05-06-2016 at 10:40 AM.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkqx56 View Post
called my dealer (Pepe in White Plains NY)... They said it came out yesterday and that it's tied to your VIN (so you need to talk to your dealer to know if you are eligible). Taking mine in on Monday. What a relief as I'm at 90k and the car sputters under soft acceleration (even with new fuel pump, etc) and sounds like crap when it starts on colder days which makes me think my car's days are numbered till this blows up.

Yes I'm eligeable. When service advisor pulled up my vehicles records for the oil change, the recall was attached automatically. This is a welcome blessing for many. I have an appointment next Wednesday.

Wondering for those folks who paid to have this done outside of warranty would those funds be reimburseable.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:55 PM

i probably wouldn't hold my breath but that would be nice.

this recall gives me more confidence to fight the urge to sell the car when my warranty expires, as they seem to be pretty reliable otherwise.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:37 PM

My 12 is marked for recall. I paid for 1/2 in 2014 and got assistance for the other half. Hopefully I can get the rest of my money back.

Just did the cats last week ($5k), which I believe were fouled from the timing chain.
Old 05-08-2016, 02:59 PM

This is a VERY GOOD news....
Old 05-09-2016, 10:17 AM

mine is in the shop now, will report back exactly what they fix. said it would take a few days.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:32 PM

I have an appointment scheduled for this Monday coming up. Being that I'm at 86k, does anyone have any suggestions on anything that should be done while it's torn down?
Old 05-10-2016, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsanders24 View Post
I have an appointment scheduled for this Monday coming up. Being that I'm at 86k, does anyone have any suggestions on anything that should be done while it's torn down?

Let them check the CATS if it hasn't been replaced yet.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorny View Post
Let them check the CATS .....
I was under the impression when one brings their vehicle into a dealership for service, there is a multi-point inspection performed. Which would include checking to see if the vehicle is or has been throwing an OBD2 'code'. I am not aware of any other method to check the CATs for malfunction.

I have an appointment for this recall on Wednesday May 11, 2016 and will ensure they check for any OBD2 codes before and after the recall repair.

Tags
catalytic converter, engine failure, p0420, p0430, stuttering, timing chain