infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX56 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Infiniti Forum: Extended Warranty and Service Plan Pricing

Old 04-01-2016, 07:35 AM

Default Buying Today-Aftermarket Warranty

Wanted to thank the forum members for having enough info to make a good decision on buying. I found a very clean 1 owner '13 w/ 53k miles at a good price; AWD and loaded up in one of the colors I like.

I guess I have one question left, which is, is 53k miles 'just broken in'? I'm from the era of Nissan/Toyota/Honda motors running forever... My assumption is 175k miles is when mileage gets a bit much etc.

For added protection I'm buying an aftermarket warranty, I used to own a Rover and the forum members there got me connected with Zeigler Ford ESP, awesome protection and super affordable, I'm getting bumper - bumper for an additional 5yr/60k for $2400.

Thanks again and looking forward to taking delivery.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:10 PM

has anyone done every maintenance interval? How much does each one cost?

Old 07-16-2016, 01:21 AM
SUPER MODERATOR

i had a 45K plan i purchased (expired as im 56K miles now. bought car brand new 3 miles old) and have done every scheduled maintenance interval--dealer recommended (which is usually a bit more in $$).

costs depends on the service, and its slightly different depending on your neck off the woods. here in LA, i think the max i have paid thus far was around 550 dollars.
Old 07-16-2016, 04:46 PM

I am in NC..... the 30,00 miles service was $1269. Schedule 1 and 2 was $370 and to do the premium add on service, it was $899
Old 07-16-2016, 07:35 PM
SUPER MODERATOR

the trick is to do some of those services a bit earlier than when they are "Scheduled" to be done, so as not to have that major sticker shock when you do them all at once.

the dealer i deal with is honest (from what i can ascertain) on what is actually needed at the time of scheduled maintenance. since i have ALL service work done at the infiniti dealer (read: paperwork) i am protected if something is not done that should be.

all the services done under the 45k elite program had many of those things covered so i would only pay a hundred or two for things not covered.

don't have them:

replace windshield wipers
in cabin filter
engine filter
injector cleaner

these things you can do on your own
Old 02-23-2017, 04:05 PM

Default Aftermarket Warranties (not CPO)

I've got a 2011 QX w/82,000 miles on it. It was bought non-CPO.

Do any of you have after market warranties/vehicle service contracts?

I'm looking at buying one of these but a Google search comes back with nothing but ads. I have no idea how to sift through them.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2017, 07:13 PM

For what its worth, do your best to get the best coverage you can get for that car. Anything that goes bad on these cars do cost a lot.

I have warranty on my 2012 QX56. I bought mine I think at about 82,000 miles. My warranty is BUMPER to BUMPER. I mean, I read it well and it was not too pricey and wow have they spent on my car already. I have had over $10,000 worth of warranty work done.

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/sho...=24056&page=44

My BUMPER to BUMPER warranty will expire in 4 years or when my odometer gets to 145,000 miles. Which ever comes first.

Great coverage for me and I look forward to my QX getting bad many more times, if warranty can cover it, lol.

Warranty is like car insurance or home insurance. Mainly peace of mind as you own your car.

There are way too many people who pay full coverage car insurance for over 30 years and never once make a claim. Same too for many people with homes who pay home insurance but never make a claim. So, those people have basically paid for peace of mind while they own the car or house.

While there are only few people who end up needing to file claims.

These warranty companies make a lot of money since majority of people never file claims, so they pay out less than they take in for premiums.

For this car, I will advice anybody to try and get this peace of mind of some kind of USEFUL warranty. Not just any kind of warranty where when you call, they tell you they do not cover that.

My warranty impressed me so much so that some weeks ago, I had a flat and bought a brand new tire. Filed a claim with warranty and warranty paid $125. Discount tire had to call them and send in the work order and all. Tire cost me $240. But warranty pays out only $125 per occurrence and I think I have a maximum of 4 or 5 occurrences on the lifetime of my policy.

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 02-23-2017 at 11:19 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:40 AM

Where did you buy your warranty? I can't find it in the link you posted to the Armada forum. (sorry if I missed it)
Old 02-24-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallahasseeQX View Post
Where did you buy your warranty? I can't find it in the link you posted to the Armada forum. (sorry if I missed it)
Make sure you read the fine print on these bumper to bumper warranties! Most do not cover exhaust or catalyst components, the whole reason for this conversation!
Old 03-08-2018, 05:44 PM

Default Extended Warranty Questions

Hello All, new to the forum...and new (used) 2011 Infiniti QX56 owner....traded in my '10 Armada.

I have to admit that I wished that I would have found this site earlier. After reading a lot of the issues that people have had with these vehicles, makes me nervous. While my QX56 has relatively low miles for an '11 at 76,500k it sounds like I have a lot to watch out for. I was able to verify that the timing chain recall was completed at 66k miles so that is good at least.

I am considering purchasing an after market warranty through my credit union and it's with Route 66. Does anyone have any experience dealing with this company? The rate seems pretty good compared to some other quotes I received, but I must admit that I've purchased many used vehicles in my life but never with a warranty. Perhaps I've been lucky, but I've always been careful to buy vehicles with 1-owner, clean carfax, low miles, and good service history.

I became worried with all the different issues people have had with the QX from timing chain related problems to the multiple cat converter problems. I know this warranty doesn't cover exhaust or emissions issues, but I have 3,500 miles left on the 8/80 emissions defect warranty from Infiniti. Nothing like owning a vehicle that you just purchased, constantly looking down at the gauge cluster waiting to see a check engine light come on!

Thanks for all your input

Tags
elite, extended, warranty