infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Midsize SUV Forums > Infiniti QX4 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Infiniti Forum: Brake Questions

Old 02-16-2014, 04:25 PM

Default Brake Questions

My brake pedal goes almost to the floor when stopping. I have changed all shoes and pads. I have adjusted the rear brakes. I have bleed the brakes several times. I hear a small hiss, or vacuum leak (while car is running and I am in the drivers seat with door closed and windows up) hiss or leak stops when brake pedal is even slightly pressed, is this leak from brake booster or master cylinder. Brake pedal is not hard to press. thanks for any and all help.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:02 PM

that would be a vacuum leak. If the booster goes out, your brake pedal will be very hard to push (like the old manual brakes). If you pedal goes to the floor you have air in your brake line somewhere.

Tags
brake booster, brakes, master cylinder