infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX56 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Notices

Infiniti Forum: [2011+] QX56 new motor, timing chains, etc

Old 01-24-2013, 12:48 PM

Default [2011+] QX56 new motor, timing chains, etc

Anyone here had to have an entirely new motor put into a 2011 or newer QX56?

Also, has anyone here run into problems with the timing chain(s) in their 2011 or newer QX56 that resulted in either the timing chains having to be replaced or the entire motor having to be replaced?

Lastly, will having the motor replaced at 50k miles hurt the resale value of the vehicle?

Any and all opinions greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:39 PM

I would think a new motor would help resale if it is the same type.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:44 PM

We are replacing them almost every day.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:57 AM

My 2011 is at the dealer right now getting new timing chain installed......According to my dealer there have been known issues with the chain and Infiniti is aware of it.

My 2011 has 80K miles on it and the dealer is taking care of it under warranty even though I am technically out of warranty. Hopefully, this isn't a bigger problem for more people down the road

Waiting on a back ordered part right now for mine...............
Old 03-15-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj054 View Post
Can you elaborate on that.

One of the main reasons I went with the Infiniti was because it had a timing chain, not a belt. I hated the idea of spending $500.00 to $1500.00 at 60,000 to 90,000 miles to replace a belt.

Should I have bought a Lexus instead?
Old 03-16-2013, 03:04 PM
SUPER MODERATOR

lets not jump to conclusions here. with all due respect mj054 should not come onto a web forum and drop a generic nugget like that and then walk away and not explain.. thats how bad rumors start and before you know it, people will be facebooking and tweeting how un reliable the new Q is because they saw a "master tech" at nissan/infiniti say so.

I do agree more explanation is needed as well as the region mj054 is in. not a good way o represent the company you work for bro.. with all due respect of course.

these cars are very reliable. ive had 2 armadas and now this Q. both armadas treated me nice. the Q will do just as well.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:55 AM

Dealer still has my truck....everything put back together, but truck keeps throwing a check engine light......Dealer working with Infiniti tech support to resolve issue. I have been without my truck for 6 weeks now (mainly due to back ordered parts)

I am in Mihcigan and none of the dealers in the state have had this issue yet with any of the QX 56's.

Will keep people updated....BTW, my truck has the most miles on it that the dealer has seen (80K)
Old 03-29-2013, 07:13 AM

There's always gonna be a few lemons in a production line. Luckily they're few and far apart in the Q family.

Also, as u may know, most people seek out forums when they have rants/complaints about a product... rarely do people post come to forums to rave/gush about their latest purchase, unless they're long time users of a particular forum.

The only thing that irritates me about the QX is the stupid intermittent wipers, which are not time delayed, but rather "windshield speckled" delayed. As the sensor can't detect rain drops right in front of my eyes, which forces me to manual move the wiper toggle to continuously activate them!!!! arrrgggg on that dumb concept.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughyear View Post
There's always gonna be a few lemons in a production line. Luckily they're few and far apart in the Q family.

Also, as u may know, most people seek out forums when they have rants/complaints about a product... rarely do people post come to forums to rave/gush about their latest purchase, unless they're long time users of a particular forum.

The only thing that irritates me about the QX is the stupid intermittent wipers, which are not time delayed, but rather "windshield speckled" delayed. As the sensor can't detect rain drops right in front of my eyes, which forces me to manual move the wiper toggle to continuously activate them!!!! arrrgggg on that dumb concept.
I agree on the wipers. It's the one feature I hate.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj054 View Post
So you make a hit and run post like this. Ok....

I pm you asking for specifics on your claim and haven't gotten a response in several weeks...

i call BS on your statement until you can prove otherwise. I've checked with every dealer rep I know and had them check as well and no one in their network can substantiate such a claim as this. Obviously it's in their best interest to do so because I'm not experiencing problems but if I did in the future and found out they lied or were not forthcoming with information or evidence when specifically asked...

I agree with the poster above that forums are generally where we post problems and issues to look for solutions from others.
Rarely do we see or hear of the many things owners enjoy.

Tags
door actuators, infiniti, infiniti qx56, qx56, timing chain