infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX56 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Notices

Infiniti Forum: [2011+] Remote start options

Old 11-08-2018, 03:25 PM

I looked into Mickey Shorr as well and the locations don't work for me out of Chicago. I did call the place 12 Volt Solutions place I provided a link for previously https://www.12volt.solutions/product...finiti~md_qx56 and think I'm going to go with them. It's a self-install and done in 2 stages. They send you the module and harness, you install it, then remove it and send the module back to them and they program it for your car, then they ship it back, and you re-install it. I THINK this is very similar to what Kcrebel has with the Viper module except this one uses the factory key FOB 3x lock button. You do have to splice into 2 separate wires 1)runs up to the start/stop and 2) Open/closed door pin, and the rest is the harness. They are confident it will work as described and if I have a problem send it back for full refund. It has the range of the unlock/lock feature. I checked and mine unlocks/locks from a few hundred feet away and through walls at that range which is fine for what I need. It's $239. I'm going to give it a try.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:54 PM

I thought of doing one myself as well...but Mickey Shorr is 2 blocks from my work...so for ME, to save a hundred bucks just isn't worth it....Plus I got a 2 year warranty on it...I can drop it off to them if I have ANY issue and walk to work. What your going with is very interesting though..but my question is...who is the manufacturer of the remote start? Is it made by Vipor, Clifford, AutoStart or some other big name? I would be skeptical if it's some generic type. Do you have a Best Buy where you live? Because they sell the Viper system as well. I'm not a fan of Best Buy...but at least they will stand behind the product. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:17 PM

I'd go to Mickey Shorr also if I could for the extra $100 bucks, but it's either Grand Rapids or Detroit which isn't an option. I could start checking around also, but I'm not real confident in finding an independent shop that I trust. Sure Best Buy is an option too, but that's only if you can find a tech that really knows what he's doing and has experience with Infiniti setups. These modules are all programmable now which allows them the flexibility to work in many applications and have some intelligence built into them. So yes Viper is a trusted name, but the reality is it's a box with a circuit board inside with a programmable chip. If it doesn't work, you just remove it because it's really just a bypass. This comes with a 1yr warranty and for an extra $50 with what they call their forever warranty. This company has seemed to find their niche in self install remote starts for cars that are push button starts which to be honest makes sense.

Not blaming you for going to Mickey Shorr, just not an option for me. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:54 PM

Good luck with everything...please be sure to post how it works...there's not enough of remote start info on these vehicles. Scott