infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX56 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Infiniti Forum: Qx56 loss of heat

Old 02-04-2019, 02:45 AM

Default Qx56 loss of heat

Hey, located in Canada. I'm away for work and wife calls me today saying she has lost almost all heat in our vehicle.

The air is blowing but blowing cold. What's even weirder is she said all the heated seats stopped working too.

In the rear of the truck and feet up front on both sides was totally cold. Vents was barely luke warm.

If anyone could point me in the right direction why I'd lose seat and vent heat at the same time that'd be great.

Thx
Old 02-04-2019, 02:25 PM
SUPER MODERATOR

Not sure what model year you have but could be the bypass valve. It sounds like something that cant be solved over the phone.

Old 02-04-2019, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
Not sure what model year you have but could be the bypass valve. It sounds like something that cant be solved over the phone.
2010 xq56. Engine gets to and maintains proper operating temp. Steering wheel heat works but all the vents and the heated seats do not work. All stopped working at the same time
Old 02-05-2019, 10:18 AM
SUPER MODERATOR

Again perhaps its the bypass valve. Maybe have her move the climate control to AC and test, then move back to HEAT and see if there is *any* change in the temp.

If all of those other features stopped working, you may have a blown fuse/relay. Fuse panels are at the side drivers door under the dash, and the relays are in ther engine room in the back to the left (facing engine) in a small black box. Heated seats are not connected to the heat in the vents. Could be coincidence.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:25 PM

Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi68CYFuXmk

Had the same problem in my 2008 Nissan Armada. The engines should be the same. As for the heated seats look for a blown fuse. There is the main fuse under the hood and supplement fuse box under the dash

Last edited by jrm5f2; 02-05-2019 at 03:30 PM. Reason: added more information
Old 02-06-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm5f2 View Post
Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi68CYFuXmk

Had the same problem in my 2008 Nissan Armada. The engines should be the same. As for the heated seats look for a blown fuse. There is the main fuse under the hood and supplement fuse box under the dash

Update: heated seats are now working. Upper vent heat seems to be working. Floor vents and rear vehicle vents still blowing cold. I'm away for work for another week so I haven't tried anything else. These are changes happening on their own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastman View Post
Hey, located in Canada. I'm away for work and wife calls me today saying she has lost almost all heat in our vehicle.

The air is blowing but blowing cold. What's even weirder is she said all the heated seats stopped working too.

In the rear of the truck and feet up front on both sides was totally cold. Vents was barely luke warm.

If anyone could point me in the right direction why I'd lose seat and vent heat at the same time that'd be great.

Thx
But when the vehicle stops and is at idle everything blows cold.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastman View Post
Update: heated seats are now working. Upper vent heat seems to be working. Floor vents and rear vehicle vents still blowing cold. I'm away for work for another week so I haven't tried anything else. These are changes happening on their own

But when the vehicle stops and is at idle everything blows cold.

Question when you say upper vents, are you talking about the front or the rear? This is important to know to help further diagnose your problem. My guess if it is the upper vents in the rear that is blowing cold only it could be the rear blend door on the rear a/c unit. Also if you come to a complete stop and the air is blowing cold, but driving it is blowing hot or warm that tells me you probably have air trapped in your heater core which is part of the whole radiator system. You need to bleed the air out of the system properly. Not hard to do.