infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti Cars) > Infiniti Q70 and M Forums > Infiniti Q70 Forum

Notices

Infiniti Forum: In the market for a Q70... would love input from current owners

Old 07-30-2016, 09:11 PM

Default In the market for a Q70... would love input from current owners

So, I've been driving an Audi S5 and I love it. However, family circumstances have changed and I needed to lease a Honda Accord for my cousin who moved here to Dallas to live with my ailing mother. So, I will be looking for something not quite as expensive when my lease is up in December.

I considered the Q70 when I bought my '13 Lexus GS F Sport but the exterior refresh hadn't been done at that time and the GS just looked more modern. I really like the new front and rear of the Q70 and would seriously consider it. I've owned an M35, M35 Sport, M45 Sport, 2 FX 35s, a G37 Coupe and now a G37 Vert, so I'm happy with Infiniti.

I'm fine with whatever the technology is. I think the interior is beautiful. Just wondering if the car has a lot of road noise or if the additional sound deadening in recent models has made a difference. My previous Infinitis (including our G37 Vert) had lots of road noise.

Also, is everyone loving their Q70s in general?

Last edited by dseag2; 07-30-2016 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:41 PM

I leased a 2015 Q70 last September so I have had it for almost a year. It's the 3.7 AWD model. My previous car was a Jaguar XJ8.

In general I like the car. It's very comfortable and VERY responsive on the road and gas mileage is decent. There are some things though that I find disappointing such as the level of road noise. My Jag was very quiet and had a good size trunk; the Q70 is not quiet on the road and the trunk space is quite limited.

Old 01-16-2017, 04:41 PM

Get the L version - much better ride
Old 03-21-2017, 02:26 PM

I bought my 2016 Q70L last year and I love the car in general. I agree with JraQ70l with regards to getting the long-wheelbase version; it's definitely a better ride. The road noise can be a little annoying compared to other luxury cars currently in the market (e.g. Lexus, Jaguar, etc.). But the car is very comfortable.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:02 PM

Just got one last week, disappointed in some things for sure:
1.Loud engine
2.No remote start- Technically they prefer that you never install one either to protect the starter.
3.Still has a gas cap you have to twist on (havent done that in years)
4. Much less technology than a 2014 Chrysler 300 I leased
5. Transmission is hardly silky smooth
6. Not smooth on bumpy roads (My wife's minivan drives 10x smoother)
7. No digital speedometer in the center
8. 5,000 mile oil change increments and 20k brake fluid increments

Pro's
Looks good in and out, supposedly more reliable than the other luxury sedans.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:43 PM

I have not driven the standard Q70, but i like driving the L. My only problem has been tracking. When on some "unfinished" freeways with grooves, my car is all over the place, however I believe it is my tires, which are not OEM. Otherwise I went from a 2006 M35, briefly to a Mercedes SUV, and now to this car. Oh, and the car is damn fast too! With traction control off in sport mode I light up the tires down the street.