infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti Cars) > Infiniti Q40, Q50, Q60 and G Forums > Infiniti G25 / G35 / G37 Coupe and Sedan Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network cars connected social networking app for ios cars connected social networking app for android

Notices

Infiniti Forum: G37s

Old 03-25-2017, 03:35 PM

Question G37s

Hi guys! I'm new to car forums but I've recently been looking into buying a car and my dad told me that asking a forum is a good way to find out important information before purchasing so here I am. I'm interested in buying a used 2008 Infiniti G37s coupe which I found online from a dealer out of my state. This car has 79,221 miles and is priced at $12,967. It has accident damage reported to the left side quarter post but has since been repaired. The car has full service records and seems to be in very good condition. I'm here to ask if there are typical problem with the year and model that I should look out for and (or) ask about and acquire some more general information from you, the experts, before making my purchase. Thank you so much for your time and assistance!

Last edited by india.archer; 03-25-2017 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Hello. Sorry for the delay in response. Here are a few things to look out for... The front brakes tend to squeal when going in reverse (low speed) - more often in your "S" than not... The gas tank doesn't fill - it cuts off a little short. The interior can be a bit noisy (squeeks, popping sound from the windshield). The leather on the seats tend to bubble up... Those are the issues that I know of...

Get your next Infiniti for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Old 06-22-2017, 08:51 AM

Wink 2008 Infiniti G37S

my 2008 Infiniti G37S has over 80K miles, and i am the second owner, as i got it about 3 years ago.
the tires only last about 25K miles

its fun to drive, as i have a manual 6 speed, and handles extremely well, as i was going to customize it with performance suspension components, but i think its good enough

i dont think the car is noisy, but it definitely has more cabin noise than my Lexus LS400, but its a different car, as the road noise is part of the driving experience.

z
Old 06-22-2017, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaskar1 View Post
my 2008 Infiniti G37S has over 80K miles, and i am the second owner, as i got it about 3 years ago.
the tires only last about 25K miles

its fun to drive, as i have a manual 6 speed, and handles extremely well, as i was going to customize it with performance suspension components, but i think its good enough

i dont think the car is noisy, but it definitely has more cabin noise than my Lexus LS400, but its a different car, as the road noise is part of the driving experience.

z
Welcome back. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it! I agree, the suspension is good enough as it is. How often will you need anything more? The car is quick, handles well, comfortable and good looking.

Old 07-15-2017, 06:17 PM

Talking HID ballast issue in my 2008 G37S very costly

recently i had to change the battery in my 2008 G37S 6 speed
the next evening the lights would cut out after being on for about 5 seconds.
my local mechanic thought it was computer, and offered to replace it.
he did, but still had the headlight problem.
he is a good guy, and did not charge me but absorbed the cost of the
computer module

took it to the dealer, and he said it was the HID ballasts which ignite the headlights were bad. they are a module, and it would cost me $3.5K to replace with genuine infinite parts.
after i recovered from the high estimate, i asked them to put in aftermarket parts which are less costly
he said he only installs infinite parts.

so i took it back to my local mechanic, who put less costly parts
now the headlights work fine. even the less costly alternative ended up
to cost me $900 or so

i asked the dealer does the Q60 coupe come with a stickshift, he told me that they stopped making them a few years back, only comes with a paddle shift
whatever that is?? sounds like an automatic trans to me

guess that i am so old school to want a stick shift

hopefully my G37S 6 speed will last a few more years, as its fun to drive!
Old 07-15-2017, 06:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaskar1 View Post
recently i had to change the battery in my 2008 G37S 6 speed
the next evening the lights would cut out after being on for about 5 seconds.
my local mechanic thought it was computer, and offered to replace it.
he did, but still had the headlight problem.
he is a good guy, and did not charge me but absorbed the cost of the
computer module

took it to the dealer, and he said it was the HID ballasts which ignite the headlights were bad. they are a module, and it would cost me $3.5K to replace with genuine infinite parts.
after i recovered from the high estimate, i asked them to put in aftermarket parts which are less costly
he said he only installs infinite parts.

so i took it back to my local mechanic, who put less costly parts
now the headlights work fine. even the less costly alternative ended up
to cost me $900 or so

i asked the dealer does the Q60 coupe come with a stickshift, he told me that they stopped making them a few years back, only comes with a paddle shift
whatever that is?? sounds like an automatic trans to me

guess that i am so old school to want a stick shift

hopefully my G37S 6 speed will last a few more years, as its fun to drive!
I'm sure the aftermarket parts, which weren't cheap - but much less than the OEM parts, will last a long time. That's the thing about used cars with high technology. They're priced great to buy but could be pricey to maintain. But, at least you got somewhat of a break with the aftermarket parts.

Paddle shifters are for automatic transmissions. The paddles are on the steering wheel and sort of work similarly to a manual without actually being one. Manuals are becoming very hard to find these days. They're not available on much anymore. Yes, you should probably enjoy every bit you can out of your G37S!