infiniti forums   infiniti forums

Go Back   Infiniti Forum > Infiniti Forums (Infiniti SUVs) > Infiniti Full-Size SUV Forums > Infiniti QX56 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Infiniti Forum: Timing chain recall 2011 QX56

Old 05-12-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkqx56 View Post
yeah that's basically what they told me. we'll see.
Regarding the cats, its a vaccum pressure things. there is a threshold. it could be "low" but still within the threshold so no dash light. It's worth getting a $20 OBDII code reader from amazon to see if there is a problem on the way. Otherwise it's a $5k repair.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:45 PM

if it is w/in threshold, would they fix it? or would i need to wait for the dash light anyway?

also -- will the reader actually show me stats or just codes?

Old 05-12-2016, 06:52 PM

Of course this comes out 1 week after my 60K service on my 2011 qx56. I'll ask tomorrow when I bring it in for the 5th battery replacement.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
if it is w/in threshold, would they fix it? or would i need to wait for the dash light anyway?

also -- will the reader actually show me stats or just codes?
the reader shows stats and codes. They will not repair it until it throws a code most probably.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:36 AM

Cool

Today, Friday May 13 (holy cow it's Friday the 13th!)

Picked up my 2011 QX56 40,202 miles after having the recall repair work completed (2 days). It sounds and runs real nice and am well pleased. Dealership washed, waxed and detailed the interior and the vehicle looks excellent. On the drove home, perhaps it's just me, but it appeared to have a tad more pep on heavy acceleration.

Replaced Timing chain, sprockets, jets and a host of other stuff associated with the Timing Chain assembly.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:27 PM

Hi everyone, I just pickup my QX56 about a month ago and just join this site today. I heard about the recall through this site. As soon as I heard about it I booked my appointment for this coming Monday. I am happy that Nissan/ Infiniti setup to address this issue, I really didn't won't to have to mortgage the house and give up the dogs just pay for the repairs....lol. Question for the people who have had this done, How long does it take, did you noticed any performance improvements, and what is all changed out when the work is performed? Thanks
Old 05-13-2016, 02:04 PM

Thanks for the news. Just chatted with Infiniti through their website and the confirmed our '12 is covered. Just broke 107k, so that's a nice gesture.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:56 PM
SUPER MODERATOR

nice mileage on a 2012! congrats.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:01 PM

So I got it back. Dropped off Monday and they had the chain work done Thurs AM. Also needed brake work so it took another day. It sounds better when it starts and seems to run a little more smoothly. That said, it did not cure my stuttering/rpm jumping issue so the hunt goes on there.

here is the work order:

page 1: http://imgur.com/a/Uhm2O

page 2: http://imgur.com/DfF3c4z

Last edited by cbkqx56; 05-13-2016 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:54 PM

Quote:
So I got it back. Dropped off Monday and they had the chain work done Thurs AM. Also needed brake work so it took another day. It sounds better when it starts and seems to run a little more smoothly. That said, it did not cure my stuttering/rpm jumping issue so the hunt goes on there.

here is the work order:

page 1: http://imgur.com/a/Uhm2O

page 2: http://imgur.com/DfF3c4z
Does yours stutter every time you leave from a stop?

Tags
catalytic converter, engine failure, p0420, p0430, stuttering, timing chain