Infiniti Forum

Infiniti Forum (https://infinitiforum.net/infiniti-forum/index.php)
-   Infiniti QX56 Forum (https://infinitiforum.net/infiniti-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   [2011+] Remote start options (https://infinitiforum.net/infiniti-forum/showthread.php?t=9686)

CarbonZ 02-05-2012 09:59 AM

[2011+] Remote start options

Just picked up my 12 QX yesterday with every package. I was shocked when I found out it didn't have remote start especially with the price and all the other technology. Does anyone know of a kit that works with the factory remote? I saw one on EBay but am leery.
Thanks

goblue 02-05-2012 03:56 PM

I went with the Viper Smart Start system (smart phone app based). Has its pluses an minuses vs a fob remote.

Was probably $600 installed, I'd have to check.

CarbonZ 02-05-2012 08:22 PM

Thanks. I want one that works with the stock FOB

marctronixx 02-05-2012 11:35 PM

have the infiniti dealer do it with the stock fob:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEqv-...layer_embedded

goblue 02-06-2012 10:21 AM

I can't imagine the stock fob giving any range. Feedback from those that have it?

2011 QX56 02-06-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goblue (Post 26165)
I went with the Viper Smart Start system (smart phone app based). Has its pluses an minuses vs a fob remote.

Was probably $600 installed, I'd have to check.

Can you give some of the pluses and minuses of the Smart Start?

goblue 02-06-2012 11:31 PM

biggest minus- a fob is easier. just hit the button and go. I have an Autostart that has a tremendous range and it's a 2-way so I get a confirmation. With the viper, I have to dig the phone out of my pocket, fire up the app, and wait for it to initialize. It takes a few seconds. not as easy with kids. the wife does not like the extra steps.

biggest plus- range. as long as there is a signal on the vehicle, it will start.

Another minus- I accidently started the Q not remembering I drove the Lexus to work. The Q was in the garage at home. Kids and wife were home and didn't realize I started. Dangerous. There is no way to shut off remotely that I have found.

IT seems to not work 100% even when the signal shoudl be good. I get notified that the app did not start the car so at least I know it doesn't work.

Not cheap. monthly fee.

Overall, I'd probably do it again, it's just not a perfect system

marctronixx 02-07-2012 12:43 AM

yep range is super limited. just in the vicinity of the car. that's the major downside to using the oem factory setup. in the Consult, there is a provision in the settings to enable remote start. so its already built in some what, the dealer needs to program the system with the Consult.

Still, its an option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goblue (Post 26180)
I can't imagine the stock fob giving any range. Feedback from those that have it?

WestEnd 02-08-2012 11:51 PM

Compustar is the way to go hands down for several reasons. It is infinitely expandable and uses a specific firmware to integrate into your cars databus system. This eliminates the spaghetti wiring mess that you sometimes see with other remote starters. Compustar partnered with ADS to provide a finished product that is reliable, discreet and has up to a mile of range. Check out their website and if you have any questions, our information can be found on facebook: facebook.com/westendaudioandupholstery

www.compustar.com

abdullatif 03-11-2012 01:51 AM

viper remot start

i installed the viper remotstart and after about 2 weeks i start to get IBA, line keeper
and cruse control light orange light on the dash board , randomly ,i went to infiniti dealer and he said it is beause of the remote starter, abc warehouse said it is not true and another installer said the same , who should i believe,