View Full Version : What is wrong with my '99 Infiniti I30? Shakes and quivers.?

punkickzass
02-08-2008, 08:23 PM
I have a '99 Infiniti I30 with problems. The engine shakes randomly in any RPM, and sometimes gives kicks and quivers while idling. I took it to the shop and they changed 2 spark plugs, but it still shakes; maybe a little less than before. Should I continue to replace all the plugs until the problem is fixed? Would having prolonged spark plugs problems cause major problems for the engine? Thanks in advanced!

efflandt
02-08-2008, 08:23 PM
I have never had any spark or ignition problems with my similar 95 Maxima. However, I have had several injectors go out over time, which can be intermittant and more noticeable when starting or idling. Only once on a trip when it was obvious even at speed, the check engine light came on the same day. But it usually started getting lumpy intermittantly and check engine light did come on for several weeks to a month later.

But it could be bad gas, or moisture in the fuel freezing. Whatever the problem, it is easier to determine if the engine light comes on. Although, your ORB III ECU may remember temporary problems better than my pre-ORB III ECU. Indication of ignition problem could be something with a coil pack, but I never had any ignition problems. And knock sensor replaced, might have just been a symptom of injector that failed at the same time (shaking the engine).