View Full Version : I want to clean my Infiniti I30's engine and just refresh the whole system,...

plantcrazy5646
10-24-2007, 10:15 AM
...how can I do that? My car is 10 years old and I want to keep it running well for the next ten years to come, so what can I do to say pamper my car?
I would like to clean out the engine of all debri/carbon/unburnt hydrocarbons and everything else?

What else do I need to do and how can I do it?

supercharged
12-12-2007, 04:33 AM
I call it engine detailing...
First of all you will need a brush, a degreaser (ZEP from Home Depot works well), a terry towel, and a vinyl/rubber dressing (Armor All tire foam works well)
be sure to cover altenator, fans, belts, Intake, and any electrical component with a plastic bags or alluminum foil...It needs to be water proof.
Spray on degreaser cut (1:1) on engine, hoses, and any plastic... Let it dwell for about 5 mins, then spray more again...Agitate with a brush, then rinse everything off with a hose... Wipe off any major water spills with a terry towel...Spray AA tire foam on surface to be dressed (vinyl and rubber), crank up the engine and let it run for about 15 mins...then comeback and wipe off any residue remaing...Done...

mmatheny
11-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Get a can of SeaFoam and see the section about cleaning the carbon from the piston/head.