View Full Version : 1999 I30 Side Airbag resistance

saint123
08-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Hi folks

Got a question for you. We have a 99 I30 that we put new front seats in (the leather was bad...) and now we have the airbag light on even though all the connectors are placed with DIY perfection. :-).

I noticed and eventually diagnosed that the new seats have side airbags. Shorted the airbag connectors to observe that the light blinking sequence was different and eventually concluded that if I have the appropriate resistance across those terminals, the ECU will be happy after all.

The trouble is...i dont know what resistance to use. To the nerdy ones, if my theory holds (the ohmage and wattage). I signed up with Alldata but couldnt find the information there either. So if some angel will help the saint, we can all make merry in this world and the hereafter :-)

regards

saint123
08-06-2009, 01:57 AM
GUYS! CMON, does anyone have a clue on this? I need help ASAP

thanks

Hi folks

Got a question for you. We have a 99 I30 that we put new front seats in (the leather was bad...) and now we have the airbag light on even though all the connectors are placed with DIY perfection. :-).

I noticed and eventually diagnosed that the new seats have side airbags. Shorted the airbag connectors to observe that the light blinking sequence was different and eventually concluded that if I have the appropriate resistance across those terminals, the ECU will be happy after all.

The trouble is...i dont know what resistance to use. To the nerdy ones, if my theory holds (the ohmage and wattage). I signed up with Alldata but couldnt find the information there either. So if some angel will help the saint, we can all make merry in this world and the hereafter :-)

regards