View Full Version : I purchased a '99 I30 Infiniti and need to know how many oxygen sensors it

1wiseguy
10-24-2007, 08:37 AM
has ,can anybody tell me ? The dash light came on and was diagnosed as the O2 sensors. A mechanic told me as a rule of thumb they all are replaced and would cost me about $125 each (YEOW) !!!!!!!

iamct01
10-24-2007, 08:38 AM
Replace the (B1) or bank one as it is called. The tech is right all three will go out eventual but it could be years. The techs computer may not be able to tell what O2 it needs but a Infiniti dealer tech consult II computer can tell what one. If you are at a Infiniti dealer just tell them to do the (B1) and you will come back for the rest. The I30 96-991/2 is the most reliable Infiniti next to the 91-93 G20 which was built for a turbo but would of not past emissions in the US. Also all radios fail on I30s but it is not Infiniti`s fault the radio is made by Clarion. Also carry a broom stick with you because the starter will develop a bad spot and banging on the starter while someone holds the key in the start position will work, that will get you home. You can also get a jump start that might get it past that bad spot.

Blue Sky
10-24-2007, 08:39 AM
Probably 2, one before the catalytic converter, one after.