View Full Version : What is the averag price of a new or rebuilt A/C compressor for a 2000 Infiniti I30?

Fire Side Water Side
05-15-2009, 07:58 PM
I've had 2 quotes and I'm just trying to figure out what I'm being charged for labor. I've been online looking up A/C Compressors and I have found them for about $300. But, the guy who just checked out my car said "Since its a newer vehicle, they cheapest I could find in compressors is $700." Okay, first of all I didn't know a 9 year old car was considered "new" and I saw nothing online as far as compressors go that was $700. Please help. I'm a student and I don't have much money. However, I live in Arizona and I have to have A/C. Thanks

don r
05-15-2009, 07:59 PM
A nine-year-old Infinity is far from finished.You might get tired of looking at it before it wears completely out.

Maybe you can shop around for a better price on a compressor, but installation and recharging the AC is going to be a killer. See if an aftermarket auto parts store can get your compressor. It should be cheaper than the dealer's original manufacturer part, but the quality may not be as high.

They might have to work on your car several hours at $100/Hr. An Inifinity is not a cheap car so don't expect parts for it to be cheap.