View Full Version : Can I install An after Market Radio in an 1997 Infiniti i30 with the Bose system?

bobby j
05-07-2009, 09:51 PM
I already know i can mount the radio in it and everything but i was wondering since it is a bose system, does each individual speaker have its own amp to power the speaker itself or is the power from the deck powering the speakers?

shorty_2_us
05-07-2009, 10:00 PM
ouch bose your gonna hafta find the power cord from the preamp and run it to the 12 volt constant aftermarket its really fun but theres another way just not sure what it is i did it the hard way

kevindubrow
06-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Each speaker has its own little amplifier. You can see it if you remove the inner handle for closing the passenger and driver doors. Most websites will sell you everything you need to install your new radio....I just popped my Pioneer radio in with no trouble at all.

Well I did have a grounding issue. If your radio does not seem to work once you set it up, check your ground.

OldVW
10-16-2009, 05:14 PM
I just replaced my Bose radio with an Alpine 9884 from Crutchfield. It came with everything needed including very good instructions on adjusting the system after installation. Cost 199.99. Crutchfield phone tech support was excellent. Took me about 90 minutes start to finish, mostly because I haven't done any radio replacements in a few years. Crutchfield is selling 9886 version of this radio for the same price now. Very nice unit and very upgradable.

lightning mobile lube
10-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Why replace it? It's BOse for god's sake! My friends are like 'you need a sub,' and I'm like to h$ll with that!' You ever listen to Megadeth with that Bose system all the way up? Thrash with bass? NO WAY! Now try that petey pablow crap or fifty scent... You don't need to even mess with it! BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOM!

i30guy
10-31-2009, 11:57 AM
Bose audio costs a lot more than a replacement deck would. Keep the bose.

jmurda5
12-19-2009, 09:20 PM
You can replace the deck with aftermarket, you just need the right adapters for that specific deck you get for the Bose. I have it done in my car, I noticed no difference in sound quality from the Bose speakers after switching, and I am VERY picky with sound quality. Also, once you have an aftermarket deck installed, you can then hook up a sub without needing a bunch of adapters for that. I have:

Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD touchscreen w/ full iPod control
iPod cable
Bose speakers adapter (would have to do some looking to find exact model)(I believe it was actually 2 adapters that work together I had to get)
Stock Bose speakers
12" Polk Audio Momo sub (400w rms/800w peak)
Audiobahn A4002T amp (400w rms/800w peak)

I think I have one of the best sounding systems possible. Not because of certain brand items, but because I kept the stock Bose speakers, was able to tweek them along with the sub to work together in an ideal way. I get phenomenal highs/mids from the Bose, with clean, pure bass from the sub. And the icing on the cake is a nice touchscreen with full control of the iPod hooked up. Just ask if you would like me to find out exactly what adapters are needed.