View Full Version : I have a 96 infiniti i30 and the headlights are yellow...whats a good

calstate29
03-12-2009, 10:26 PM
product I can use to clean them? something that really works...my friend used some type of solution on the head lights and and it kind of took the yellow away...but after a while the yellow came back....I guess i just want to know is it worth spending money on some head light cleaner....does anything actually work?...u know...get them clear again....or should I just purchase new headlights....geez their expensive

maximus2501
08-11-2009, 08:39 AM
www.myheadlight.com
You can purchase this kit at Advance Auto Parts for 20 bucks. I went back and forth on this. Didn't want to throw 20 bucks out the window, but finally thought to give it a try. It worked for me. It's been about 3 months, and the headlamps are still clear. I'd recommend watching the video, and taking your time. It took me about an hour to complete...just took my time with it, and did the turn signal leans while I was at it.
Hope this insight helps. Still has to prove it self over time, but it's worth a shot.
BTW, I think I took a few pictures. If you'd like I could post the before and after.

frickenbubbles
09-25-2009, 07:32 AM
Your friend might have used a brake fluid solution. That gets rid of only the oxidation on the lenses (what's plural for lens?) but it will come back eventually. Autozone carries a product called MAAS. It's like a buffing cream for headlights. Just rub some on and buff it lightly with a lint-free rag. The tube has better directions. I think it's around 7-10 bucks. They also carry a product that you use with a drill. It's a buffing pad that already has a special mixture on it. Just add a little water on it and buff your headlights with your drill. I think it's made by Meguiar's and comes in a box with a pack of 3 I think. I've used both and they both work well. It took a while for the oxidation to come back and they also buffed out some of the smaller imperfections. The drill is harder to use on corners of your lights because the disc is about 3-4" in diameter. I use both; the drill for the larger parts (because I'm lazy) and the cream for the corners and edges. I hope that helped, good luck.

i30guy
10-10-2009, 02:42 PM
I have had good luck on other vehicles using "plastix" and 3M makes a headlamp resoration kit for like $25 that works with your cordless drill. Does a great job.