View Full Version : 96 infiniti 02 sensor question

xxplanetpezxx
12-29-2008, 07:05 PM
I have a 1996 infiniti I30 and after I connected my code reader I got this error message:

P0135 MOD$10 O2 sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction bank 1 sensor 1

I know my car has 3 o2 sensors, 2 of them on the front and 1 under the car. Which o2 sensor is giving this message and where exactly on the engine is it and how difficult to replace it. :)

cromero
01-03-2009, 06:11 AM
i have jsut about he same problem i was just about to question. however, i have a 0126 and 0325 code and don't know what sensor to replace. i'll keepon searching and let you know if i fand the answer(s).
chris

i30guy
10-10-2009, 06:18 PM
bank one is usually the firewall side. sensor 1 would be the one nearest the rear manifold.

bullseye
05-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Had the same problem with coding on the O2 sensors causing the CEL and also coding on the knock sensor on our I30t. Reset the ECM first and haven't had the CEL come on again in almost 1.5 years. We had mistakenly used 87 octane gas which I believe caused the code failure. The ECM can be found to the right of the gas pedal behind a small plastic panel. Pull the panel off and the ECM sits under the dash (center console). There is a plastic film covering a screw. Peel back the plastic film to access the screw. Turn on the ignition, but don't start the car, so the check engine light comes on. Turn the screw all the way to the right (clockwise) until it stops (about a half turn), wait 1 to 2 seconds then turn the screw back to the left (back to the starting position), wait 1 to 2 seconds then repeat again, clockwise to stop, wait, counterclockwise to the starting position and stop. This will reset the ECM and all codes. It takes about 75 to 150 miles for the ECM to reassess the engine in which time you may find that the O2 sensors will not recode and are fine.