View Full Version : My 2003 Infiniti I30's seat recliner went out, what can I do to adjust my seat?

ramendieta
12-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Hey everyone!

I was just wondering if there was a manual way to adjust the seat in an Infiniti I30.

The reclining button no longer works and there is no visible method to recline the seat manually, so i dunno what to do.

If anyone has had this problem and had to pay to fix it, could you let me know how much you paid for the repair?

Thanks!
Could she get the motor for the seat from an auto parts store?
And that same part would fit the infiniti?

Oh and I'm sorry, whats broken about the seat is not the reclining method but moving the seat forward and backward...would this be that same part?

thebax2006
12-12-2008, 03:00 PM
G35s and Ms have a huge problem with the seat motors. The I30 may just have a bad seat switch. Wiggle the switch on and off at least 10 times to see if you can get the seat slider to work. If it works intermittently try a new switch. I've also had a bit of luck prying the seat rail forward on the inside rail while activating the seat switch. If that works you probably have a bad motor.

Teddy
12-12-2008, 03:00 PM
You may be able to find a motor at a junkyard. A motor is available thru Infiniti. Part $338.00 labor $220. This is a VERY common problem.

I doubt it is available thru an auto parts store, but you can try. Call a Nissan dealer and ask if they have part number 87562-C9926. It may be cheaper thru them. It fits the maxima. good luck!