View Full Version : Transmission slipping...

ras2247
11-01-2008, 05:09 PM
So, I just purchased a 2000 Infinity I30 with 118,000 miles. I drove it for about 100 miles and everything was fine. Then, I turned on the car and while driving i noticed that the tranny did not want to shift to 2nd gear and the transmission was slipping. Basically, it was like i was in neutral gear.

I then pulled to the side of the road, turned off the car. Then, i turned it back on and then the transmission was shifting correctly. Now, this was kind of strange. Could this be a 'computer issue'? Anybody know what could possibly be happening?

Thanks...

dag8hik
11-07-2011, 01:06 AM
Mine is doing the same thing... Did you hear what it was?

jmwilson
12-27-2011, 05:47 PM
Ive got alot of miles on my I30 and mine is doing the EXACT same thing. First thing i did was a transmission flush and replacement of the transmission fluid, still had the issue. Second, i had a diagnostic test that read P207, speed sensor, which i had changed, still doing the same thing. Now, ive narrowed it down to "maybe" the solinoids, because it only happens when the car has been driving for 20 minutes or more, or alot of stop and go traffic, in other words when it gets hot. Im at wits end with this issue and im thinking about just taking it to the dealership, since no one seems to know how to fix this.