View Full Version : How are 2001 Infiniti i30 Touring?

Shawn
10-24-2007, 08:13 AM
Any similar problems people face? What are the pros and cons?

treu_playa_1988
10-24-2007, 08:14 AM
mad good cars basically the same as 2001 nissan maxima se but with a different body style other than that every thing from the stereo to the engine its the same. can go up to 200 000miles if not maintained properly if its maintained properly you can get up to 285 000 easily cons parts are very expensive

Car freak
10-24-2007, 08:15 AM
I am an owner of a 2000 Infiniti I30, which is mostly similar to the 2001, except that mine does not have the Touring package. The only thing the Touring package adds is Xenon headlights, traction control, 17" inch rims, steering wheel audio controls, a spoiler and heated seats (in some cases). Either way these are the pros and cons, in detail, from my perspective:

Pros: Excellent engine with smooth progressive power. Very comfortable seats, especially on long trips. Top notch fit and finish inside. Power rear curtain. Exceptional 7 speaker Bose sound system. Surprisingly good handling. Noticeable stability at freeway speeds compared to other cars (like my mom's 2004 Acura MDX Touring w/GPS). EXCELLENT reliability (mine has 118K miles on it and I've had no major issues with it whatsoever). Easily accesible/legible instrument/controls display throughout the cabin. Excellent AC system, cools down the car immediately. Nifty cup holder design. Reasonable gas mileage (I average 21mpg in the city with mine). Very spacious seating for a mid-size sedan, especially in the back.

Cons: Ancient 4 speed automatic transimission, when some other competitors were going with the 5 speed. As a result the downshifts are slow and the tranny kicks under hard acceleration. It also steals the engine's potenital and lowers mpg. Not a ride you would expect from a luxury sedan. I've been told that my car has a rough ride by numerous passengers, and I have the stock 16" inch rims. Wind noise is pronounced, especially during highway speeds. The leather seating is a nuisance in hot weather since its not ventilated. Somewhat bland exterior styling. The sunroof is not tinted so when the shade is open you have the sun blazing at the occupants. Also, from the outside, all the dust and dirt on top of the sunroof shade is visible since the sunroof itself is not tinted. There are absolutely no steering wheel audio controls, which is unheard of in a luxury car, making the driver reach for them.

From I know these are the pros and cons from my point of view. My overall say is that this car is very reliable, comfortable and just plain nice. There are drawbacks, as with any car, but if you can get around them you're in for a thorough enjoyment.

john b
10-24-2007, 08:16 AM
check "automotiveforums. com" this is where you can find owners taking about similar problems with their cars...very helpful