View Full Version : '02 I35 Headlight Replacement

dustbin
10-08-2008, 11:56 AM
I've had my passenger side low beam headlight burn out on my '02 I35. The lamps in this model are xenon which the owners manual states that they should only be changed by a "trained Infiniti technician". After finding out the cost of replacement by said technician, I wanted to know if anyone had taken on this task themselves and if they could offer any pointers.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

bhogarth
10-08-2008, 10:42 PM
i would let the technician do the job unless you are really familiar with working on cars. The bulb is close to 200 dollars anyway if you were to do it yourself. The bulbs are so fragile that it is very easy to damage them. One little mistake could end up costing you another 200 dollars for another bulb. If you are up to taking the challenge, be sure you remember exactly how you took it out, so you're not fumbling with it trying to get the new one back in. You don't want the bulb to touch anything. Most importantly, never touch the bulb with your fingers. The oil from your hand will cause the bulb to burn out prematurely. Let us know what you end up doing and how it works out.

dustbin
10-15-2008, 08:36 AM
Thanks for your reply. Guess I'll be taking it to the dealer.